Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Trespass Ski Gear

Options
  • 08-02-2010 5:37pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heading off skiing for a few days in March and was passing the Trespass shop in Stephens Green so popped in to have a look.

Their jackets don't seem to bad, no too expensive, decent quality but thats all well and good in a shop, might be different on the slopes.

So what's the opinion on them?

Are they worth buying? Or should I stick to the more established brands?

Tox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

My girlfriend got some Tresspass gear last year for skiing as we were going late in the year and they had a great sale on at the time. They have a couple of different ratings and she got the 3000mm and 5000mm waterproof gear. It was grand for what she wanted... beginner on piste. She also used it for a bit of hillwalking this year in the exceptionally cold weather we got.

HOWEVER... I also got the skigloves and this year we experienced -24 on the slopes and they weren't near warm enough or as good as the aldi ski gloves I picked up this year. But it shouldn't be that cold in march... open to correction from the experienced guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

No experience with the Trespass gear, but I guess it should be okay. They have pants on their website for €60, which seems great.

As rn, it will probably do the job for a beginner, or will last you a few trips. But if you want something of higher quality you will have to pay for it. In the past it has worked out that brand pants and jackets just last longer, and will quite likely cost you the same as cheaper/no name brands over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Both my husband & a good friend are kitted out in Trespass. Seem decent quality (I'm the one washing it.. Ahem!) So if you got it at a good price, I'd say go for it. I'd have no problems about buying it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

I've got a feece and a soft shell i got over in Austria and no problems with them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'm wearing trespass pants for 3/4 years now. Still in good condition and never felt cold or had any problem with them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I inherited a pair of Tresspass sallopetes from a freind when I was accumulating kit for my first trip. He'd already used them for a good few years before passing them on and I was still using them until the beginnning of last year when I finally went and actually bought some of my own and that was only because I felt like buying new stuff, not that there was any problem with them.

Advertisement