Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking bed out of bedroom

Options
  • 08-02-2010 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

HI

myself my partner and our young son are currently moving and are in the process of viewing some places we currently live in a one bedroom apt which is really small so were looking for a 2 bedroom place however all the places we've looked so far the bedrooms wouldn be big enough for his cot, all his stuff plus the bed that would be already in the room!

Do you think it would be a problem to ask LL to take out the bed in one of the rooms so my son can have a proper room with his cot and all his stuff in it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

All you can do is ask. Most will be happy to that if it gets the place filled.
    If there is other furniture that you don't need, ask him would he remove it also.

And haggle on price.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

The only way you'll know is if you ask. When I moved into my place I made a list of things I didn't want and the Landlord picked them up and took them off our inventory. It was no problem and some things were bulky and difficult to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

We usually go for a 2 bedroom place and turn the 2nd bedroom into an office - I've had a bed removed twice now with no problems. All you have to do is ask, most landlords are accomodating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I've asked this of a few landlords, most have agreed but my current landlord wouldnt remove a wooden table and the bed. He just doesnt have anywhere to store them as all his flats are full and theres no shed. It is worth asking tho!:D

Advertisement