Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari Problem(damn 4% of marketshare)

Options
  • 08-02-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

My website is rendering perfect in IE and firefox but in Safari it is wide and to the right. See image attached.

Anyone know whats going on.:(
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Have you checked if the HTML validates with w3c?

Safari is very standards complient. This could be a tag you didn't close correctly that the other browsers are simply working around.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

its impossible to say without seeing some code and css...Have you even a web address that we can check

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

ki wrote: »

That doesn't render properly in Firefox either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Blacknight wrote: »
    That doesn't render properly in Firefox either

Or Google Chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

There's too much wrong with this to even begin but I'll get you started with this:

ul.MenuBarHorizontal li {
    left: 768px;
    }

This will result in all that content being rendered 768 pixels to the right of it's containing element.

I suspect you probably have the same problem elsewhere.

By the way, Safari might only have a 4% share but webkit (it's rendering engline) has a much larger share.

KJF
    http://tinktank.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It could be something as simple as a "clear:both" being required, if there's any floated elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Had a quick look in firefox using firebug, adding code below to your .bgWhite style seems to do the trick.
    Dont have Safari on this machine so cant verify fix but Firefox looking better

.bgWhite {
    background-color:White;
    float:left;
    width:1000px;

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    Had a quick look in firefox using firebug, adding code below to your .bgWhite style seems to do the trick.
    Dont have Safari on this machine so cant verify fix but Firefox looking better

.bgWhite {
    background-color:White;
    float:left;
    width:1000px;

Thanks for that but the problem seems to be in the main nav bar, I used dreamweaver's spry menu item to create it, and if I exclude its .css I 've a normal sized page but no navigation bar.

Advertisement