Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well! Here we go.

Options
  • 08-02-2010 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

First day off a long long off-season :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Codofwar

At least we have the draft to look forward to and all that goes with it leading up to it. After the draft is a lot duller and uneventful imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Codofwar wrote: »
    At least we have the draft to look forward to and all that goes with it leading up to it. After the draft is a lot duller and uneventful imo.

As a Bears fan with no 1,2 or 3 i don't really have the draft to look forward to LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

I hate that the NFL moved the Pro Bowl to before the Superbowl rather than after. I always loved staying up for that for the laid back play. It was a great way to end the season IMO. Still, looking forward to the draft. Really intrigued to where Tebow will go and when too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I like the draft end of it though and the odd bits and pieces of free agency. The long wait is prior and during training camps imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

bobby wade wrote: »
    As a Bears fan with no 1,2 or 3 i don't really have the draft to look forward to LOL

Don't worry ......the first 73 picks before we draft should fly by.

• Advertisement

Don't worry ......the first 73 picks before we draft should fly by.

...painfully I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,190 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

(Bears)

We need to make some moves in free agency this year. But lets be smart about it this year and not sign a Frank Omiyale to a 4 year 16 mil contract :rolleyes:.

I think we need the following:

DE in free agency
    O Linemen in FA/Draft
    A safety
    Torry Holt

Maybe this thread could be re-named ''The offseason thread''?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    (Bears)

We need to make some moves in free agency this year. But lets be smart about it this year and not sign a Frank Omiyale to a 4 year 16 mil contract :rolleyes:.

I think we need the following:

DE in free agency
    O Linemen in FA/Draft
    A safety
    Torry Holt

Maybe this thread could be re-named ''The offseason thread''?

reasonable chance OSI gets cut from the Giants this offseason. Bears could do worse than getting him in.

I thnk the bears need a LB aswell. Their defense was noticibly worse when Brian Ulacher got injured and he aint a spring chicken anymore either so better to get his replacement now.

Runyan was talking about retiring and going into politics but could do a job for the bears for one season until they get some draft picks to work with !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

As a Rams fan, the season ended months ago and just starts again now...

Presuming we take Suh at number one, it then becomes a matter of finding the right place to trade up to for the right quarterback...

OR (are you reading Billy Devaney), how about pulling a Favre on Kurt Warner? Eh? no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

D3PO wrote: »
    reasonable chance OSI gets cut from the Giants this offseason. Bears could do worse than getting him in.

Yeah it wont be a suprise to see Umenyiora cut in the offseason. The Giants d-line was pathetic this year(so much for the deepest depth of line in the league) The Giants need to rebuild for the future and Osi has shown that he isnt the player he looked like becoming or the player he thinks of himself as. He doesnt play against the run at all so he's only on the field in obvious passing situations so if teams do think he'll do anything they shift protection to his side and he's shut down. If I was a team like the Bears I dont think Id spend the money that Osi and his agent thinks he's worth.

Id like to see the Bears take a chance on Donte Stallworth. They'd get him for very little and he would be hungry to show what he can do. His ability has never been in question and I cant see him having an attitude now if someone signs him. Olson is a good tight end, Forte showed last year he was quality and they have Earl Bennett who showed promise this year. Theres the making of a decent offence there if Jay Cutler can cut down on turnovers. Get Hester back as a sole return man(he's done OK at WR but he was all-world as a sole returner) and take Stallworth and they are set at the skill positions on offence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Karlusss wrote: »
    As a Rams fan, the season ended months ago and just starts again now...

Presuming we take Suh at number one, it then becomes a matter of finding the right place to trade up to for the right quarterback...

This is what being a Raiders fan has been like for the past 6 odd years. The good stuff only gets going now with the draft coming up. Then the inevitable post draft depression because Al has made a ****ing bollox of our 1st round pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

"With their first round pick, the Raiders select... Michael Phelps!"

"He is a great athlete," Al Davis says.

frostie500 wrote: »

Id like to see the Bears take a chance on Donte Stallworth. They'd get him for very little and he would be hungry to show what he can do. His ability has never been in question and I cant see him having an attitude now if someone signs him. Olson is a good tight end, Forte showed last year he was quality and they have Earl Bennett who showed promise this year. Theres the making of a decent offence there if Jay Cutler can cut down on turnovers. Get Hester back as a sole return man(he's done OK at WR but he was all-world as a sole returner) and take Stallworth and they are set at the skill positions on offence.

I was talking to a fellow Patriot and he reckons we'll launch for Stallworth when he's eligible again as he knows our system and we desperately need more able bodies at receiver. He makes some good points but I can't see us taking him.

ESPN had an insider article with the headline along the lines of 'Olson being dumped for picks', I think it's a ridiculous move already.

I'm betting Cutler will be the surprise player of the year next year already!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,190 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

ESPN had an insider article with the headline along the lines of 'Olson being dumped for picks', I think it's a ridiculous move already.

It's realistic I suppose. Olsen isn't the best blocker and that's really all the TE does in Mike Martz's offense. I'd prefer to keep him because If we don't go deep into the playoffs Lovie wont be back and Martz will be gone too.

Olsen should drop 30-40lbs and move to WR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

I was talking to a fellow Patriot and he reckons we'll launch for Stallworth when he's eligible again as he knows our system and we desperately need more able bodies at receiver. He makes some good points but I can't see us taking him.

I think the Bears will rebound next year. They may need to cut/trade one of Urlacher/Harris or Hester to make cap room, but if they could bring in a Julius Peppers for Tommie Harris they would be doing well. They are unfortunate with Gaines Adams's tragic death.

Incidently Mike Martz's 2000 Rams playbook is an interesting thing to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

sorry man,Olsens SOFT & i'd have no problem with him being traded

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    It's realistic I suppose. Olsen isn't the best blocker and that's really all the TE does in Mike Martz's offense. I'd prefer to keep him because If we don't go deep into the playoffs Lovie wont be back and Martz will be gone too.

Olsen should drop 30-40lbs and move to WR.
    bobby wade wrote: »
    sorry man,Olsens SOFT & i'd have no problem with him being traded

I think it's a bit premature to trade your first round pick after two years when he's been fairly productive. But if Martz uses him as a blocker, you've got a point. It might handy to keep him around, let him play out his contract.

Advertisement