Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navara........... Any good?

Options
  • 07-02-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi!
    Anyone on here have any experiences with the Nissan Navara (06 onwards) I am looking for a crewcb pickup and I think the Navara is the best value for money compared to the L200 or the Hilux, they are also the best looking pickup. I have heard a few horror stories though about them chewing clutches and half shafts for fun.
    All views greatfully acceptedsmile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

All the pickups with the exception of the D-max's which are geared better for towing(at the loss of some road manners) are very hard on clutches havent heard anything about half shaft issues, imo the best pickups at the mo are
    1:- D-Max
    2:- Navara
    3:- L200
    4:- Hilux

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ford4000

All the pickups with the exception of the D-max's which are geared better for towing(at the loss of some road manners) are very hard on clutches havent heard anything about half shaft issues, imo the best pickups at the mo are

I would put the navara 3rd and the l200 2nd thats only my opinion, your top and bottom ones are correct though

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Had a D40 navara Double Cab for a year and a half until a mishap involving a ditch.

Great machine, never gave trouble, good to pull, comfortable to drive (took me and 3 other lads 2000km around ireland over 6 days with all our gear, on and off road) and handy enough on the juice.

now driving a 95 Pajero...still happy though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭canon5571

Thats interesting, I would have thought the Navara would have featured higher if not lead the pickup table above. I would have thought it would be a complete switch between 1st and 4th!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Does the Navara not have issues? According to honest john it's a bit dodgy

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=638

• Advertisement

Does the Navara not have issues? According to honest john it's a bit dodgy

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=638

That's the D22... OP is considering 06 onwards - the D40 model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

I had one of these in '03, transfer box packed up within three months. Had to employ the legal heavy gang but got my money back, soft machines, we had Mazda & Toyota's on the same job with no probs.

Customer has a few '04's at the moment and they are keeping him awake at night, up to & including engine failures.

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole TBH.

Leopard doesn't change its spots overnight... let someone else be the guinea pig.

A lot of the preoblems were with the D22 model. As far as I can gather the OP wants feedback on the D40 model...which is a completely different beast to its predecessor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

coolmoose wrote: »
    A lot of the preoblems were with the D22 model. As far as I can gather the OP wants feedback on the D40 model...which is a completely different beast to its predecessor!

I drove an '07 recently, basic, rough, cynical attempt at securing buyers.

Sorry, but I wouldn't touch Nissan's attempt at a pick up/ jeep/ et al with a barge pole. Its a dog, and an unreliable one at that IMHO.#

Study the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fat liar

The cousin has one seem to be a solid jeep and nissan quality has improved in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jc bamford

canon5571 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Anyone on here have any experiences with the Nissan Navara (06 onwards) I am looking for a crewcb pickup and I think the Navara is the best value for money compared to the L200 or the Hilux, they are also the best looking pickup. I have heard a few horror stories though about them chewing clutches and half shafts for fun.
    All views greatfully acceptedsmile.gif
    The 1st of the current model Nivara had a duel mass flywheel and both the clutch and flywheel gave a lot of trouble. In 07 they brought back the solid flywheel and heavy duty clutch. Many of the earlier ones were modified under warrenty. The clutch in my 06 packed up at 120000 km and main dealer could only supply new type clutch (€425) which would only fit with new type flywheel which costs over €900 +vat even though my old fly wheel was fine. However I was able to get a motor factor clutch for €430 which has a larger disc than the original and this seems fine, 40000km on.
    Now the heater is acting up and may or may not warm up. I think the problem is electronic. Has anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭corkthai

im having a lotta probs with my l200 , clutch gone at 40k, egr valve every other month, steering rack, kangaroo hops...etc...bad service from dealer..
    heard the nissan was a lot of probs also...
    id say go with an older hilux and save the money.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Whats your budget like? I have an 08 L200 and they fixed all the problems with the < 06 ones as I've mentioned on here many times before, fantastic machines, I usually as my daily commute during the week and its a beast of a machine at the weekends pulling 3+ton with ease.

I went for the UK 'Animal' version, came with all the interior creature comforts and a nice 158bhp compared to the Irish 134bhp version :rolleyes:

I like it that much that I'm booking a test drive in the new 'Barbarian' model next week :)

My top would be (I've drove them all) :

L200
    Hi-Lux
    Navara
    D-Max
    Ranger

Advertisement