Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie Ahern on What's The Meaning of Life with Gaybo.

Options
  • 07-02-2010 11:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭

He goes to mass.

Apparently hasn't been to confession in 40 years tho. Funny that eh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Did he say Richard Dawkins was ludacris?

The way he spoke of values truly touched me, butter wouldn't melt.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

amdublin2 wrote: »
    He goes to mass.

Apparently hasn't been to confession in 40 years tho. Funny that eh.
    He'd be in the confession box for days if he went in.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Bertie always did have a sense of humour. When you saw that glint in the eye and crooked half grin you knew he was about to take the piss. Hard to not like him, even if he was as corrupt as the rest of them. Anybody want to have a whip around for him? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

btard wrote: »
    Hard to not like him

FAIL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

What happened to The Bertie Bowl?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

What happened to The Bertie Bowl?

He left it in Manchester after begging.

The only association this individual has with "the meaning of life" is how he's ruined the meaning of life for so many people.

Someone posted elsewhere that he was on, and I managed to avoid it - I'd probably have thrown something at the TV (and would actually prefer to watch Jedward); actually, scratch that : I'd prefer to be an economist a few years back and take Ahern's suggestion to heart.

I presume he was laughing and joking about signing blank cheques and corruption and plugging his "my memory's suddenly returned" book ?

Why this little **** is given airtime is beyond me. Whatever about TV3 showcasing the has-been, RTE should no better than to waste my license fee......it's bad enough having Katherine Lynch foisted on us without sinking even lower with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Interesting to see an interview where its hard to decide who I hate more. Bertie for his obvious corruption and his denial of any wrongfdoing in regards to the economy or Uncle Gaybo for "retiring" and then ripping the taxpayers off to the tune of 200 grand a year.

2 lovely fellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Couldn't agree more with you Liam. I didn't watch it either for fear of putting me in a bad humour for the next 6 months.
    Apparently he lives by the Ten Commandments!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

Bertie always did have a sense of humour. When you saw that glint in the eye and crooked half grin you knew he was about to take the piss. Hard to not like him, even if he was as corrupt as the rest of them. Anybody want to have a whip around for him? :D

That's the danger. There are f***wits out there who would vote for his kind based on the 'ah sure fair play' element.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Anybody want to have a whip around for him? :D

I'd like to take a whip to him. A cat o' nine tails preferably!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement