Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Shane in Raw such a complete and utter wuss???

Options
  • 07-02-2010 10:37pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Why bother having this Shane character in Raw? He's adding nothing to the plot in my opinion.

Sample of Raw script:
    *sad face Shane is moping along street*

Blackmailing Bully Garda: "Hey, Shane give me your rent money"

Shane: "Okay bully guard, I'm supposedly an ex-solicitor but I don't know how to handle blackmail. Here you go"

*sad face Shane continues moping along street"

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Welcome to the land of TV Drama, whereby common sense goes out the window and acting comes into play not always reflecting on normal behaviour.

Enjoy your stay.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Actually He has a good point with the ex solicitor thing?

Your right though sully you just have to turn off your reasoning watching most stuff these days, RAW though Is nothing combared to the amount of disbelief you have to hold off for fair city.

My gradmother said to me someone in it got drunk and married a stranger in las vegas(i'm going there for me stag). Like is it so bad they have really started robbing simpsons storylines?

Whats next? Dermot trys to block out the sun? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hey, get your own thread about the bad storylines in Fair City. This is a discussion about Raw and Stoopid Supposed Solicitor Shane :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I dont find the program great. How many times does Charlene McKenna have to play the same character?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

WAs pretty lame alright.. Jo Jo had to wear the pants and get it fixed.. The wussy idea is just the writers choose to portray him. Maybe after the break up of his marriage they want to have him low on self-esteem. He needs to grow a pair though, and maybe he will get the chance next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement