Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'05 Isuzu Dmax

Options
  • 07-02-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Trying to find what the fuel economy is online but getting mixed answers. Can anyone clarify for me? I mostly do long motorway trips. Cheers.

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Which engine the 2.5 is fairly good and the 3.0 is supposed to be a proper guzzler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

malcox wrote: »
    Which engine the 2.5 is fairly good and the 3.0 is supposed to be a proper guzzler.

Sorry, forgot to mention. It's the 3 litre version I'm looking for information on. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

malcox wrote: »

The 2.5 is a total dog of an engine. Under powered for the jeep and sounds like a builders mixer.

Slidey wrote: »
    The 2.5 is a total dog of an engine. Under powered for the jeep and sounds like a builders mixer.

Thanks Slidey. Anything else we should know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thats true actually i meant to say that. The 3.0 is thirsty i havent figures but i thought of buying one a few years ago and was turned of by the poor economy

• Advertisement

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Thanks Slidey. Anything else we should know?

I'm not sure of the fuel economy figures but I have seen the Dmax give very little trouble and afaik they only ever had one recall which was for an intercooler bracket.

Isusu are running a campaign at the moment with trade ins against the Dmax, it is leaving them very cheap if you happen to own a 3L Trooper

I'm not sure of the fuel economy figures but I have seen the Dmax give very little trouble and afaik they only ever had one recall which was for an intercooler bracket.

Isusu are running a campaign at the moment with trade ins against the Dmax, it is leaving them very cheap if you happen to own a 3L Trooper

Do you have a link for the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The pre 2006 (?) 3.0 engines are pretty sluggish, I think they got a revamp in 06 with about 160bhp, but the earlier ones were more like 130. Drove one for a while and it really struggled - so much so that a 2.5 Hilux was nippier.

Do you have a link for the offer?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055815710

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The pre 2006 (?) 3.0 engines are pretty sluggish, I think they got a revamp in 06 with about 160bhp, but the earlier ones were more like 130. Drove one for a while and it really struggled - so much so that a 2.5 Hilux was nippier.

There was a fair bit of turbo lag in the earlier ones. This can be reduced by removing the filter from vacuum solenoid

Wow, only 130bhp :eek: You'd need your foot on the floor constantly seeing as it weighs 3 tons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Wow, only 130bhp :eek: You'd need your foot on the floor constantly seeing as it weighs 3 tons.

Which D-max weighs 3t?

They're 1900kg. pretty much the same as a Hilux.

Early current model 2.5 Hiluxes were 102bhp, later intercooled ones were 120 (I was comparing with a 120bhp 2.5)

The 130bhp post was simply to note that an 05 DMax won't be the same as a newer one to drive.

They're 1900kg. pretty much the same as a Hilux.

Early current model 2.5 Hiluxes were 102bhp, later intercooled ones were 120 (I was comparing with a 120bhp 2.5)

The 130bhp post was simply to note that an 05 DMax won't be the same as a newer one to drive.

Sorry, that weight is for the Trooper. Got my models mixed up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I was thinking 3000kg was a bit much;)

Trooper is still under 2000kg. (just)

I think he must be getting mixed up between unladen weight and gross weight

I think he must be getting mixed up between unladen weight and gross weight

Seems I'm getting mixed up a lot :rolleyes:

Can't even find the mpg info on the Isuzu forum :confused:

"GM sells this truck (Isuzu i350) in the UK under the name Isuzu Rodeo with a similar 2.5 liter 4cyl turbo-diesel engine. It is capable of 54mpg UK (extra urban cycle) on the extreme but is capable of 35-40 mpg under normal driving conditions".

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2008/12/caught-left-han.html

Brave figures even for the 2.5L?

More info found.
    "With its best ADR 81/02 fuel consumption figures of 7.9 litres/100km for combined urban and extra-urban (6.5 extra-urban, 10.4 urban), D-MAX 4x2 is the most fuel frugal of all the 3+ litre entrants in the one-tonne ute class and sips even less fuel than all 2.5 litre contenders (except D22 single cab) and the sole 2.0. In 4x4s, D-MAX is the best one-tonner at 8.1litres/100km (7.0, 10.0)."

http://www.pressportal.com.au/news/437/ARTICLE/3369/2008-10-03.html

Between 29mpg and 35mpg by my calculations.

Yea but the above figures are for a 4x2 which is as rare as hobby horse shyte in this country.

Nearly all Dmax's in this country are 3.0l 4x4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DirtyDiesels

the 3.0 does 30mpg on longer drives and if your just spinning about expect to get 26 upwards...not sure about the 2.5

DD

Advertisement