Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Sim X nose forced up and stall

Options
  • 07-02-2010 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

hi all
    soon after takeoff i move into a stall because my nose keeps going up and as much as i try and push back down with the joystick the nose just wants to go up and i am forced into a stall. what is wrong? am in autopilot when this issue starts and when i go to manual it doesnt help. THANKS!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭jasonb

This is probably something you've tried, but try calibrating your joystick just to make sure that's not the cause of the problem...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

jasonb wrote: »
    This is probably something you've tried, but try calibrating your joystick just to make sure that's not the cause of the problem...

J.

thanks but no joy....flaps are up. mystery. i uninstalled flight sim x before cos of this and went back to FS 2004. may need to go back to 2004 again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Is it all aircraft or just one?

Sounds more like your trim control is set full back. The Autopilot is probably trying to get the plane to your selected altitude even though you havent taken off yet so its trimmed the plane to climb as much as possible. Leave the autopilot turned off (you can still program it and get it ready just dont activate it until you're passing say 1000ft) and see does that help.

You can manually adjust trim using the 1 and 7 numpad keys. Each plane will have a trim guage to show what setting its at. It should be set to around the middle for most aircraft for takeoff. On the 737 the trim wheel is to the right of the captains right leg, beside the radios. On a cessna its down the botton of the centre panel.

Advertisement