Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$100 to 100k by dec 31st

Options
  • 07-02-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

ive given myself a challenge, to try run $100 up to 100k by the end of the year, i started it yesterday, playing $1.10 45 man mtts. ill be just sticking with mtts and rebuys, no cash games. ive been playing on about 6 or so sites for a few years, nothing serious just small stuff, but for this ill be playing on stars only. ill have a blog ill be updating too every other day or soo, on how its going.
    http://findaway2win.blogspot.com/

wish me luck, ill need it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

ive given myself a challenge, to try run $100 up to 100k by the end of the year, i started it yesterday, playing $1.10 45 man mtts. ill be just sticking with mtts and rebuys, no cash games. ive been playing on about 6 or so sights for a few years, nothing serious just small stuff, but for this ill be playing on stars only. ill have a blog ill be updating too every other day or soo, on how its going.

Good luck, but you spelt site wrong. Just sayin...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

Good spelling is of little help at the tables thankfully, so the very best of luck with it and keep us up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

GL man!!

I'm in the middle of going for 100k too which I started last September, never really update my blog to be honest but its a seriously tough grind and hope you do well!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 FindaWay2Win

dougee19 wrote: »
    GL man!!

I'm in the middle of going for 100k too which I started last September, never really update my blog to be honest but its a seriously tough grind and hope you do well!!!

thanks dougee, gl with yours too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

img_0833-500x375.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Rycn wrote: »
    Good luck, but you spelt site wrong. Just sayin...

You spelled spelled wrong. Just sayin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Flushdraw wrote: »
    You spelled spelled wrong. Just sayin...

spelt 2 (spebreve.giflt)v.A past tense and a past participle of spell1.

Just saying...

You are all spell czech muppets.

STFU

Just saying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

CHD wrote: »
    You are all spell czech muppets.

STFU

Just saying...

You are all spell check muppets.

• Advertisement

a poker forum where all yous do is talk about spelling, nice. And we wonder why people call us thick

Prob cause people see certain people trying to turn a ton into 100k

i should probably just be an arsehole like you and sit on forums all day slating people. wouldnt get me any where but atleast id have 6000+ posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

almost 7000

i should probably just be an arsehole like you and sit on forums all day slating people. wouldnt get me any where but atleast id have 6000+ posts.
    Your goin nowhere anyway tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

CHD wrote: »
    Your goin nowhere anyway tbh

Kinda harsh like(over reaction from op too btw), the guy is just trying to contribute to the almost empty community and those who are left pick at him

Its a really tough challenge that most will admit is almost impossible but I think it'd be better to support rather than be all narky here imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Kinda harsh like(over reaction from op too btw), the guy is just trying to contribute to the almost empty community and those who are left pick at him

Its a really tough challenge that most will admit is almost impossible but I think it'd be better to support rather than be all narky here imo.

Fcuk that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Leave the fella alone he'll find out the hard way if theres lessons to be learnt.

Dougee you know well people like the OP are going nowhere. Setting up a blog and just going for it like he is won't work, if he mentioned how he plans to contribute here and improve he might get encouragement. He thinks he is going to turn $100 into thousands, he deserve to be lol'd at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

ive given myself a challenge, to try run $100 up to 100k by the end of the year, i started it yesterday, playing $1.10 45 man mtts. ill be just sticking with mtts and rebuys, no cash games. ive been playing on about 6 or so sites for a few years, nothing serious just small stuff, but for this ill be playing on stars only. ill have a blog ill be updating too every other day or soo, on how its going.

Gl OP, and I really mean that, but you have to understand that 2+2 and forums like this are full of people who come on with these hugely unrealistic challenges. I think people are just sick of hearing how "Johnny newcomer" is gonna spin $100 in to 100k while full time grinders are struggling with 40 buy in swongs etc. Anyway GL etc but your goal should never be to make x amount of money in x amount of time in poker, it should be to improve to a point where you can beat x limits and then improve even more so you can beat the next. Profit targets are hugely -EV in poker and serious players understand this. Nevertheless challenges can be fun and a great way to motivate yourself to grind. Just such a vague challenge like this is a bit OTT. Whats wrong with trying to turn your $100 in to a 10k bankroll by the beginning of next year. This in itself would be a great achievement. If you could achieve this then setting out to turn your 10k in to 100k bankroll by the end of next year may be achievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Best of luck OP!

Is'nt that the beauty of poker though. Anyone can sit down and make a plan like the OP to try and win/achieve "x" in poker. While the odds of actually reaching your goals are slim of the most of us, there is that chance.
    And its these success stories that really keeps new players coming into the industry with the intentions of doing something similar.

OP, I'll be following your blog as I would love to see this happen. But as a few guys said, you have to be realistic about your goals.

I presume your going to just stick to the $100 and not deposit more if you lose it all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishKestrel

Best of luck with your challenge.

I disagree strongly with the tone of the negative comments you've received - you've set yourself a challenge, and fair play to you. That said, the sentiments behind the negative feedback come from experience, imo.

You've clearly accepted the discipline needed for good Bankroll Management by applying the 100 Buy-in principle ($1.10 MTT on $100 Bankroll). Definitely a good first step.

However, the target itself is a massive 'reach' to be achieved by 31 December 2010.

If you apply a 100BI principle (which you should), do you realise that you need to
    a) Play 27 hours per week for 52 weeks:eek::eek: and
    b) Earn an ROI of 200%:D:D
    c) Play 465 Tourneys (assuming each 45-Man MTT / Rebuy lasted 3 hours)

Even if you were to take a more realistic ROI Target of 20%. Then you would need to play 4,650 Tourneys (by 10-tabling) over the same timescale.

I wish you the best of luck - honestly! Will keep track of your blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I'll stake u $1 for 1%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Wel done man i totally agree people on this forum are slating d..icks the same happened me a few months ago its unfortunate but whta does encourage me is the fact that while these fools are off blogging and talking about poker im out winning money best of luck with your aim to get it ive set myself the goal of supernova and 100k this year also ill check out your blog man any support always helps trust me
    GL DUDE

CHD im just gonna say to you personally that u are an idiot who really needs to shut up and only comment if you have something beneficial to add because i know if you talked to me like that i'd make it my personal business to shut u up 1 way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

brady23 wrote: »
    Wel done man i totally agree people on this forum are slating d..icks the same happened me a few months ago its unfortunate but whta does encourage me is the fact that while these fools are off blogging and talking about poker im out winning money best of luck with your aim to get it ive set myself the goal of supernova and 100k this year also ill check out your blog man any support always helps trust me
    GL DUDE

CHD im just gonna say to you personally that u are an idiot who really needs to shut up and only comment if you have something beneficial to add because i know if you talked to me like that i'd make it my personal business to shut u up 1 way or another
    ahahaha, good riddance to this forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 boltontaz

spelling! so what I cant spell for sh*t, good luck to the guy for having the balls to try it & state it on the net for all to see.

need more people like that on forums (I know im new but we can all have a say)

spell check my ar*e

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

brady23 wrote: »

You should see him in the soccer forum!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

edit; Not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

Good luck with the venture :)

It can be done, Has been done, And will be done again!

Ill be keeping an eye on the blog as im considering a venture like this myself !!

How many SnG's do you play at a time btw>

• Advertisement

lol buddy. Tough man are ya. I live in Kilcoole, look me up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement