Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long do you spend beautifying?

Options
  • 07-02-2010 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Out of interest, how long does everyone spend beautifying?

Not for a night out specifially, but like say after a shower doing the whole moisturising/eyebrows/nails and so on?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rentacrowd

depends on whether or not i need to shave my goul

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

rentacrowd infracted and banned for trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruthie_

Lovely, spoken like a true lady there rentacrowd!! Haha!

Depends really for me as I have a little girl so it depends greatly on whether she needs looking after etc!

But say that I had all the time in the world after my shower I would prob spend 5/10 mins full body moisturizing, hair 10 mins to blow dry (run the straightener over it if Im going anywhere special!). Im terrible with my eye brows these days so would just do them when I see a few strays here or there and only do my nails on a night out altho i got lovely nail varnish the other day so gonna sit down tonight before bed and do them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 starlett

Yeah, I'm terrible about fixing my eyebrows lately too. It hurts!

Think I might buff my nails tonight actually - I love how shiny it makes them! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruthie_

starlett wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm terrible about fixing my eyebrows lately too. It hurts!

Think I might buff my nails tonight actually - I love how shiny it makes them! :p

Yeah I just have to peal myself away from my laptop :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

On any normal day from the minute I get up to shower, moisturise, hair make up and to get dressed about 25 minutes, on a night out I go slow so about an hour but can be quicker if Im pushed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

About an hour and a half, if I have plenty of time.

If I'm rushing, cut that time in half.

I prefer to have a good bit of time at my disposal in case my make-up goes wrong and I have to redo it etc...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Eh... I'd spend a good 25 mins in the shower, 10-15 doing make-up, 10 doing hair...Maybe an hour to an hour and a half? If I'm really trying to look good, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Daily shower, shampoo/condition, body lotion, moisturise, dry hair, minimal make-up = 25 mins start to finish.

Going out = anything up to an hour.

Only do eyebrows once a week, nails about the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Don't know really. I have learned to have a shower, dry and straighten my hair, get dressed and put on make-up in about 25 mins. Quicker even. If I'm going out and not rushing all that usually takes me 40 mins maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I guess I spend about 15 minutes in the shower, moisturise afterwards, dry hair (takes about 2 mins 'cause my hair is really fine), make up can take anything from two minutes to half an hour - depending on what I'm doing! Straightening my hair, yeah, two minutes, again 'cause it's very fine.

On an average day, I guess I spend about 40 minutes getting ready but I like to have loads of time to put in some effort make up wise etc.

I tend to do my eye brows and that kinda thing at night time when I'm not rushing to be anywhere.

Advertisement