Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to submit prayer at Novena

Options
  • 07-02-2010 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, just wondering if there is a format for submitting a prayer or whatever at Galway Cathedral next week?

Do you just scribble a person's name on a piece of paper and leave it in one of the boxes or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

You just write, "Please pray for XXX" and a short description of why, if you want that. That's what all the ones they read out sound like, and evrybody else likely just copies the format. I don't think they're signed, but again you can write what you like, the priest will know what needs to be read out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

They don't read out all the requests that they get.Once you write your own petition out and put it in the box your needs will be included in all the prayers that are said during the masses.I think that's how it works anyway. You can just write whatever,write names or just say pray for my friend etc.You can include exactly what you want to pray for for them or not and you don't need to sign it. There's no set format and I doubt anyone would be tut tutting over how you write it anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Write what you like, most mention the name of the person being prayed for but no reason this has to be done. Most are read out but those not are all prayed for anyway. Can't wait, my week of relaxation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Why bother writing? Go along and pray yourself ...

Advertisement