Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90s worship thread

Options
  • 07-02-2010 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

The 90s were just so fcking cool. The music was waaaaayyyy better back then, the songs were classics, movies were awesome, 12 monkeys, pulp fiction, Total Recall, Stargate, Fight Club, Batman 2, you had grunge, acid house, ok britpop was a bit sh1t but there were some great songs produced by it aswell. Everything was just better, fashion was better. Television was brilliant too, X files, Crystal Maze, TNG (granted it started in the 80s but it was more of a 90s show imo). Games were also incredible, today your main player character doesn't regenerate health from eating dog food as in Wolfenstein 3d. Also Duke Nukem, Doom, Sim City 2000, Exhumed, Quake, Shinobi X, sonic the hedgehog 1-3, games were fun, exciting and scary, nowadays there is too much focus on realism but in the 90s they got it right. There weren't any recessions except for that blip in 1991, people partied more everything was lithe and awesome. Ads were better too, far more creative and none of this cg crap. I await the return of the 90s.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I agree. Anytime a song comes on the radio that i know all the words too, its invariably from the 90's. I think things went downhill alot in the 00's, alot of ropey genres became popular that I had/have no interest in.

Oasis, Blur, Oasis............. NO BLUR!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I await the return of the 90s.

Only another 80 years to go so!:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

lord lucan wrote: »
    Only another 80 years to go so!:p:p:p

the 80s, you just can't get away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

The 90's did have some quality music (the Scatman song stands out), but I'm not sure it had the best movies.

The 90s was dominated by disaster movies and cartoons in terms of popularity; toy story, titanic, armageddon, volcano, independence day, the lion king etc.

The 80's made films that the whole family can enjoy, indiana jones, two of the three best star wars', ghostbusters, back to the future, the princess bride etc.

As well as the greatest buddy-cop and feel good sports films ever made.

80's rule movie-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

And dont forget films like the breakfast club , the Blues Brothers

Also the music, U2 at their peak , Queen , Simple Minds...... great times!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Glenster wrote: »
    The 90's did have some quality music (the Scatman song stands out), but I'm not sure it had the best movies.

The 90s was dominated by disaster movies and cartoons in terms of popularity; toy story, titanic, armageddon, volcano, independence day, the lion king etc.

The 80's made films that the whole family can enjoy, indiana jones, two of the three best star wars', ghostbusters, back to the future, the princess bride etc.

As well as the greatest buddy-cop and feel good sports films ever made.

80's rule movie-wise.

aye that 80s were slightly better for movies, but the 90s surpass the 00s in everything. Don't really agree with the music though, too much AOR synth pop, granted there were a few incredible alternative bands at the time. Anyway this is the 90s. Its 1994, I'm playing doom and listening to nirvana while wearing my baseball cap back to front, I do that you know. Back to front caps are the next big thing.

It's 1994 and I'm playing Mortal Kombat II on the SNES while horrifying adults with its fatality moves. Looking back, it's nothing like what's in games now!

Karsini wrote: »
    It's 1994 and I'm playing Mortal Kombat II on the SNES while horrifying adults with its fatality moves. Looking back, it's nothing like what's in games now!

I'm playing street fighter 2 on the super nintendo but it's 7 o clock and I'm not allowed to have people over after 6 so I'm lonely........

Now everyone comes into the sitting room and throws me off the one tv that we have so they can watch nationwide or glenroe or some other tedious rubbish.......

Now it's nine o clock and I've been sent to bed but it's still a little light outside and I can hear everyone having fun downstairs and a single tear runs down my cheek........

THATS WHAT 1994 REALLY WAS!!! YOU ONLY REMEMBER THE GOOD BITS! IT WAS HELL! I'M STILL SO LONELY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Karsini wrote: »

im going to knock it off and play donkey kong country for a while

King Zing Sting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the 90s = heroin and drug marches

Advertisement