Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mammy's thread...

Options
  • 07-02-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

Thought it would make sense to have this one cos there's a few of us now that have graduated from the pregnant thread..;) so let fly ladies..!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

James is a week old now. Finding feeding difficult but rewarding, I've found that the most counter productive thing I can do is stress about getting the perfect latch. I did myself more damage taking him off and relatching over and over than I would have if I just left him on. Days are grand but nights can be hard. I'm just so greatful he's not crying much right now!

I've got his dad in the spare room so he has the energy to look after us during the day. He's taking another 2 weeks' holidays hopefully by that time my body will be almost better from the section.

Going to try and go outdoors this week!

Single parents have my utmost respect and admiration!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Megan is 5 weeks old today, can't believe haw quickly the time has gone!

I spent the first 3 and a half weeks constantly feeding her. I was unhappy, she was unhappy. I'm now breast and bottle feeding her and we're both content. I love being a mammy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

yeah i remember the first two weeks was very hard, it was the phn who told me just give him a bottle at night so you can get some sleep, so at 12 days old he had a 4oz at 11pm and slept til 7am, i was amazed, the only problem now is he's so used to his bottle at night that if i try to feed him he throws a complete wobbly and won't stop til the bottle goes in his mouth!!:eek: and he's wanting it earlier, between 9 and 10..he just will not latch on for love nor money.. very funny to watch, he obviously has my temper:D:D but he's sleeping 12'30 til 8 so i'm not complaining..!
    I was over in the breastfeeding clinic today and he's but on 5ozs this week which is average i was amazed cos he put away a 7oz bottle last night and then had a full breastfeed after and then conked out!!:D he's also getting the hang of getting a 3-4 oz bottle out of me at 3pm by throwing the same wobbly, the phn said he's just a hungry baby, but not gaining too much weight cos he's so active.. he's all arms and legs nearly threw himself out of scales today:rolleyes: and he turns from his back to his side and back again already. it's amazing the difference between boys and girls even at this age!!:D the girls were so quiet

Kitty just saw the picture of james.. he's so gorgeous! what a pose!! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Poor lil James has been very fussy the last couple of days, not staying on the boob very long then not settling. Realised yesterday that I got a mega dose of antibiotics in labour and that I've been itchy, so it seems I have thrush. Looked it up and more than likely that's why the gaping crack I have in my Left nipple isn't healing and that's the cause of the bubba's nappy rash too. :(

going to the doctor in the morning to hopefully get it sorted.

In positive news after almost dipping below 90% of his birthweight James put back on 8oz in under a week. We have another 4 to go to birthweight so hopefully Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Poor lil James has been very fussy the last couple of days, not staying on the boob very long then not settling. Realised yesterday that I got a mega dose of antibiotics in labour and that I've been itchy, so it seems I have thrush. Looked it up and more than likely that's why the gaping crack I have in my Left nipple isn't healing and that's the cause of the bubba's nappy rash too. :(

going to the doctor in the morning to hopefully get it sorted.

In positive news after almost dipping below 90% of his birthweight James put back on 8oz in under a week. We have another 4 to go to birthweight so hopefully Wednesday.

I bit of natural live yoghurt should help if you apply it to affected areas. Might be a friendlier alternative to anything that the Dr might give you, especially on the nips and on the baby's bum!

• Advertisement
Advertisement