Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traktor timecode and Hercules Mk2

Options
  • 06-02-2010 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

So I've been using a hercules mk2 with traktor pro for a while now and am currently looking at getting a set of turntables to use timecode vinyls. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the mk2 as my mixer. I will buy an external mixer when funds allow but just to tide me over would this work by just connecting the turntables to the hercules? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

hephph wrote: »
    So I've been using a hercules mk2 with traktor pro for a while now and am currently looking at getting a set of turntables to use timecode vinyls. I was wondering if it would be possible to use the mk2 as my mixer. I will buy an external mixer when funds allow but just to tide me over would this work by just connecting the turntables to the hercules? Thanks in advance

Hercules has 2 outs not to ins AFAIK.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Hercules has 2 outs not to ins AFAIK.....

Actually it has two switchable Phone / Line inputs, so yes its possible to play your vinyl though the hercules.

But anyhow in answer to the OP, yes its possible to use timecode with the hercules, but not with Traktor unless you buy the NI soundcard.

However the Traktor vinyl will work with the hercules and something like Deckadance or even the opensource MIXXX, if you wanna give one of them a whirl, but Miss Pinky or Torq vinyl works better with them both.

HER102su2.gif

Someone musta been bored :D could've gone straight to an amp though ;)

was.deevey wrote: »
    Someone musta been bored :D could've gone straight to an amp though ;)

That just came up when I googled hercules MK2:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 hephph

thats great thanks for the tips, think i might just wait till i have more cash any buy NI soundcard and everything else together

cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just out of interest, why would you want to add turntables to a traktor pro setup?

Why wouldn't you :confused: Maybe the OP is a hip hop dj ? probably not, but just saying:D

I know I know, so many midi controllers that can (in the right hands) blow the socks off DVS. If I had the cash and space I probably would do the same as the OP in a heartbeat though ... all the toys of Traktor, and the warm fuzzy feeling of vinyl..... yum! Although the NS7/V7 is still top of my list of vinylesque "want wants!" right now.

I miss touching the music ! ...CD's passed me by, and I guess if I had started out on them I'd feel different. In fairness though I would not consider new turntables just for the setup 200 yo yo's for a sound card is fair enough If I already had TT's hanging about.

Advertisement