Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebrew Wii and region lock

Options
  • 06-02-2010 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭

I have my wii homebrewed and am looking to import Shiren the Wanderer when it is released in US next tuesday.

How do i remove the region lock on my wii?

Do i use NeoGamma instead of regular Disc Channel or do i install the game to a HDD using USBloader GX?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

neogamma & usbloader gx will play ntsc no problem
    if you have priiloader installed, you can make wii region free with one click from its menu, system hacks sub menu if i remember correctly,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Thanks Bobby!

Now I know I can import NTSC without worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

BOBBY wrote: »
    neogamma & usbloader gx will play ntsc no problem
    if you have priiloader installed, you can make wii region free with one click from its menu, system hacks sub menu if i remember correctly,

Would I only need priiloader installed to play a game from the US??

Note. My Wii is currently at version 4.2E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

The loader apps will automatically play ntsc games, no need to modify the wii's system files

animaX wrote: »
    The loader apps will automatically play ntsc games, no need to modify the wii's system files

So where do I get this loader apps??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Google neogammer usb loader

BrendanD wrote: »
    Google neogammer usb loader

Looks like you still need the Homebrew channel first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You do need Homebrew Channel installed, why is that an issue?

Right folks, I have the homebrew channel installed. Now I need to load an apps called neogammer is that correct?

When that is installed I put the NTSC disc in, I then start HBC and run the neogammer apps and the disc?game should play?? Does that sound right :o

This is a pain in the hole. I now have NeoGammer on the SD card but when I run it from the HBC it freezes the Wii, now I probably need to change the cIOS version according to Google. Why are these things never straight forward :mad:

• Advertisement

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    This is a pain in the hole. I now have NeoGammer on the SD card but when I run it from the HBC it freezes the Wii, now I probably need to change the cIOS version according to Google. Why are these things never straight forward :mad:

Yeah you'll need a custom IOS for the loader to run. I find that the forums at gbatemp are a great place for info

Yeah you'll need a custom IOS for the loader to run. I find that the forums at gbatemp are a great place for info

Problem is that changing the cIOS could brick the Wii :mad:

Problem is that changing the cIOS could brick the Wii :mad:

Not if you create a wii backup using bootMii. I highly recommend this by the way, it will create a backup of everything on your wii so that if you do ever mess it up you can restore it back to its former glory!

Not if you create a wii backup using bootMii. I highly recommend this by the way, it will create a backup of everything on your wii so that if you do ever mess it up you can restore it back to its former glory!

When I installed the HBC the option for installing BootMii was not available. Its all hassle.

When I installed the HBC the option for installing BootMii was not available. Its all hassle.

Really? You must have a relatively new wii then? Newer wii's cannot install bootmii in boot2 but i think you can still install it as an IOS. This would allow you to make a backup of the wii but it wouldn't provide the same "safety net" that boot2 installation provides.

Advertisement