Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOF Inductees

Options
  • 06-02-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

only 4 hours away now.

17 candidates in total, 15 modern & 2 senior. 5 of the 15 can go in & the 2 seniors (if they get 80% of the votes)

my predictions

Emmitt Smith
    Jerry Rice (the 2 no brainers)
    Charles Haley
    Don Coryell
    Shannon Sharpe
    Dick LeBeau
    Floyd Little

as a Broncos fan I'd absolutely love to see Floyd Little inducted, although I think he's a long shot. Obviously Shannon will be a HOFer someday, hopefully this year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

CANTON, OHIO – Guard Russ Grimm, linebacker Rickey Jackson, cornerback Dick LeBeau, running back Floyd Little, defensive tackle John Randle, wide receiver Jerry Rice, and running back Emmitt Smith make up the Class of 2010 Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinees.

The seven-man class was elected by the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Selection Committee who met today in South Florida. The newest members of the Hall were selected from a list of 17 finalists who had been determined earlier by the committee.

No Dent again! Poor bastard has been on the hot seat for too long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Effin brilliant stuff, Floyd Little is a HOFer, excellent night for Broncos fans. Shannon will get there but this was Floyds last shot. Fantastic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Next year gets even tighter for the guys that didnt make it this year. Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Jerome Bettis, Curtis Martin, Willie Roaf, Sean Landeta etc are all up for the first time next year. There are so many deseving players sitting on the bubble and each year more and more great players come up as new candidates. I think its a disgrace that players like Cris Carter, Shannon Sharpe, Andre Reed, Richard Dent and contributors like Coryell are not in the hall yet. Each of these redefined their positions when they were playing the game and Coryell redefined football with his offensive innovations. Each passing year it will become harder and harder for these players to be enshrined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 CharismaPeep

Next year is going to be awesome.

I got the NLF Top Ten 'Players not in the hall of Fame' and Carter was on it. Everyone seems to think its only a matter of time before he gets there, and they just didn't wanna put him in on the first go

Advertisement