Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studios and Sound Engineers in Wexford ?

Options
  • 06-02-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any studios or any sound engineers in wexford town that are capable of mixing and mastering my work.

i had a few tracks done by a guy in dublin and all is great, but the traveling and cost was a bit much, if i could find someone to hook up with close to where i live i would have a least 1 track a week to be done, which would mostly be in the tech-house and minimal genre consisting of 8 stems or maybe more and im only looking to get them to a decent level, not a cd standard quality, only for demo submissions.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Does anyone know of any studios or any sound engineers in wexford town that are capable of mixing and mastering my work.

i had a few tracks done by a guy in dublin and all is great, but the traveling and cost was a bit much, if i could find someone to hook up with close to where i live i would have a least 1 track a week to be done, which would mostly be in the tech-house and minimal genre consisting of 8 stems or maybe more and im only looking to get them to a decent level, not a cd standard quality, only for demo submissions.

cheers.

no need for you to travel,email him the stems and hell do the rest.thats all really.

give jtsuited a try on here,hes ery good at it

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

Hey sean, i tried that out before and it i think it would only suit to do that if i only had a few stems,and everything was up to scratch,coz sometimes it works out more expensive than to sit in studio session,aswell if im in the studio i can chat to the engineer and improvise if needed. if i send off the wavs and sit and wait and then the track comes back and i think its not good enough and want something changed then im just mailing back and forward all day and week, it works for some but it don't work for me, i prefer to be in the studio with the engineer where we can talk our way trough, or maybe try putting some fx over some parts and see what they sound like and make the decisions there and then. its also good to hear an engineers valued opinion on things, it goes a long way and i feel a lot better going to a studio rather than sit at home an wait for something to come back to me that i might not like the sound of.

ive had a pm from Neurojazz, hes a half hour away from me, cheers.

sorry, it is ok to bump this thread ? im still looking.. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭progsound

Is New Ross to far for you to travel? If not drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Is Dan Fitzgerald down that neck of the woods ? Otherwise know as Dandan ..
    He's a man Of some experience .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

http://www.soundsound.ie/

Actually he may be in Cork , there's an 021 number.

Is Youghal far from you ?

The lads in Claycastle Studio are gents and have a fine facility in a lovely town .
    http://www.claycastlerecording.com/

Hey guys thanks for the replies, and those links.

when i made this thread i sent neurojazz 2 pms and he never replied, after that i started to get busy with other stuff.

anyway,to cut a long story short,i have a 3 track ep that wants doing, i have one track literally ready to go out the door, as in, i have the stems and im happy with arrangement. i just want it sitting right, with some panning and eq, and a decent volume.(ive read about loudness wars don't worry,lol)

new ross is very do-able, its only an hour, so progsound pm send for starters, cheers.

Paul ive never heard of Dan Fitzgerald, is he wexford or cork ?
    cork is just about as far as dublin for me, may even take a bit longer on the bus.i wouldnt manage it im afraid, thanks for the links tho, the studios look top notch...

surely someone in wexford town reads the boards.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

surely someone in wexford town reads the boards.:)

Haha, i do but very rarely if i had of seen this when it was posted i could of helped you out then but i can still help you out if you are still interested ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

when i made this thread i sent neurojazz 2 pms and he never replied

Usually don't miss a trick - nothing unread in my inbox! ;)

Advertisement