Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 months in America, Where to go??

Options
  • 06-02-2010 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Me and a few friends are thinkn of heading over to America this summer for 3 months, Looking for good ideas of where to go and where to visit?!

We are thinking of starting off on the west coast and traveling around! Driving would be an option for us aswell!!

Any ideas would be really great we have no idea where to start or anything:eek:!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

how much do you want to drive and how long do you want to stay in each place?

you could see most of the country in 3 moths if you stayed a couple of days in each place and drove alot

if you were to stay in each place for 5 days and assume an average 2 days driving between places here would be my recomendation(assuming money isnt an issue either)

boston
    drive to new york(along the coast dont go on the motorway)
    fly to miami
    drive to palm beach
    fly to colorado
    drive to vegas
    drive to oregon(meant to be beautifull)
    drive to san fransisco
    drive to san diego
    drive to LA
    visit tijuana

that would be my ideal road trip if you are mainly looking to party and dont want to travel that much then skip miami to oregon and fly straight from new york to san fran

boston and new york are defo worth seeing even though they are on the east coast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I know you say 3 months but don't forget can only get a maximum of 90 under the Visa Wavier Program. Good idea to leave 3-4 days breathing space at the end of your trip in case you miss your flight or it's cancelled. Overstaying is not a good idea.

Advertisement