Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pharmaceutical science

Options
  • 06-02-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

i dont do a science subject in my leaving cert at the mo,, but did it in junior and kind of liked it and done well most times,,, is it a risk to do pharmaceutical science if i dont do a science subject??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I wouldn't think so. I'd assume that there is some sort of catch up module in the course for people that wouldn't be familiar with the sort of science that is used in PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

From the college website

"Leaving Certificate with a minimum of Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects, and a minimum of Grade D3 (Ordinary Level) in 4 other subjects in the Leaving Certificate Examination, which must include Mathematics and English.
    No Leaving Cert Science subject is required for this programme"

You can pretty much assume you don't need to have done science for Leaving Cert to study it in ITT. I can't say for other colleges though; a lot of the bigger ones do require it, but not Tallaght.

All the info is here:
    http://www.it-tallaght.ie/FullTimeCourses/Science/Name,19811,en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

ITT have less strict entrance terms because they generally get a smaller number of applicants.

Advertisement