Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haidressing in Drogheda institute of further education

Options
  • 06-02-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi I have applied for a place on a hairdressing course in Drogheda Institute of Further Of Education, I was wondering if anyone had completed this course and if it was a good course that would provide you with the proper skills to gain employment within the hairdressing industry. I am 28 so I will be a mature student also any help with interview tips would be appreciated as I really want to gain a place on this course.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,256 ✭✭✭✭looksee

One of the main advantages of FE training is that you do work experience, which is a great way of making contacts in the business. I can't speak for the quality of Drogheda specifically, but generally the hairdressing/beauty etc type of courses give you a good grounding in the subject and do make you attractive to employers.
    Advice for interview: Be on time. Be tidily dressed (look as though you have made a bit of effort). Have all your documentation. Find out as much as you can about the course (at least read the brochure/website). Know something about the subject - general information. If you have any relevant work experience, mention it, or even general work experience. Be ready to talk about your interests, especially any creative or otherwise relevant ones. Have a couple of relevant questions ready.
    Greet your interviewers, offer to shake hands if it seems appropriate. Look alert and interested, make eye contact with your interviewers. They are not trying to catch you out or intimidate you, relax and converse naturally.

Advertisement