Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT. Trinity Hall.

Options
  • 05-02-2010 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Room available in Trinity Hall; contact residences@tcd.ie to enquire. Room number is 81.12.02. Thanks. It's really urgent.
    To see the accommodation, facilities, etc go to http://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/

It's modern accommodation, single room with en-suite. Sharing with four other 1st years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

who are you?

if this is the accommodation office why is it urgent?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I assume the OP is going to lose money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

If a resident moves out of Halls in the middle of a term, AFAIK, they continue to get charged for the room until someone else moves in or something to that effect.

So yes. The urgency is related to the OP losing money I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dante

mmmm so tempting. If only I had money...

bythewoods wrote: »
    If a resident moves out of Halls in the middle of a term, AFAIK, they continue to get charged for the room until someone else moves in or something to that effect.

So yes. The urgency is related to the OP losing money I'd imagine.

jesus they are some shower in that accommodation office, unbelievable really considering people could be forced to leave for many reasons including not being able to afford college

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 crashxo

Yeah I'll probably lose about €3500, and as I was going to use the refund to pay off the rest of my student loan I'm pretty f**ked. Wasn't entitled to a grant as the folks are borderline financially so are slightly over the range for one.

So once again being screwed over by Ireland.
    Happy days.

If you do know anyone who is interested please let me know!

Seriously cannot afford to lose this much money

have you tried daft.ie ? set up a facebook group called room available in trinity halls and make sure as many trinity heads as you know join it, also maybe try notice boards.

I do not know if there is a department in college that can help you with this, but maybe a quick email to your tutor and welfare officer wont hurt

I'm trying to help but I'm out of the college system so my knowledge isn't great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

AFAIK, the terms and conditions of occupancy have been changed for this year to reflect semesterisation. Anyone who wishes to leave after the start of the second term, is liable for the complete cost of the year. Unless one can find a suitable replacement 'acceptable to the warden'.*

What gender are you? First years are grouped in single sex apartments for a reason, and it's highly unlikely that Mr Tagney will allow that rule to be broken.

Hope you have some luck.

*I read this while out in halls (and a little tipsy). May not be entirely accurate.

Advertisement