Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you watch ads more with PVR/+ services??

Options
  • 05-02-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Just thinking about this now since getting a PVR from UPC. Or their plus service. AKA for many people Sky +.

I fastforward through the ads and then when I see one I haven't seen before I stop and watch :rolleyes: and also I tend to see the ads more because I am concentrating on the end of the ad break.

So another poll :) better than the last one I did (promise) well maybe.

What do you think do you watch ads more now that you can pause rewind fast forward and play?

Do you notice ads more? 16 votes

No, Fast Forward really does away with ads completely for me.
    0% 0 votes
    Yeah, I think I have begun to notice them more before I would head off to the kitchen for tea/coffee
    87% 14 votes
    No, I have a method of know exactly when ads finish I have a fast forward technique
    0% 0 votes
    Yeah, I alway rewind when I see something I haven't seen before
    6% 1 vote
    No, I generally don't use a PVR as I download
    6% 1 vote
    Yeah, but I am not that bothered
    0% 0 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I don't see adds, they all get edited out....huge + of the download shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Why would anyone ever want to watch ads when they don't have to... Even before Sky +, I'd flick to another station when the ads came on...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Why would anyone ever want to watch ads when they don't have to... Even before Sky +, I'd flick to another station when the ads came on...

Now that you Fast Forward through them are you watching them more than when you would flick? I should have stated that with the tea/coffee option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I keep forgetting half the time that I'm watching the recording and generally don't cop it until halfway through the ad break but then I skip them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Elmo wrote: »
    Now that you Fast Forward through them are you watching them more than when you would flick? I should have stated that with the tea/coffee option.

No, I fast forward through them too quickly to even notice what they are and I also don't care about ads... Seeing an ad on telly isn't gonna convince me to go out and buy a product... Only ads I see are the ones before a film in the cinema, and I generally spend that time talking to the person next to me about how ads have gradually gotten worse and worse in the last 20 years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

It's DVR not PVR (I work there) :)

I skip the ads completely which is handy because I find most ads these days are terrible...ever since the Pope of Advertising passed away last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

robby^5 wrote: »
    It's DVR not PVR (I work there) :)

DVRs (Digital Video Recorders) are also known as PVRs (Personal video recorder), I don't work there.

I am surprised that no one notices them, as I get to the end of the ad break with FastForward I unfortunately have to rewind a bit to get the start of the next part of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

A combination of

No, Fast Forward really does away with ads completely for me.

and

No, I generally don't use a PVR as I download

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I skip the ads,fast forward through the lot of them at x30 on Sky+ so i don't see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The very, very odd time when I fastforward and see an ad that looks interesting, I would rewind it back and watch it. This usually only applies to RTE/Sky advertising a new show or the time a TV Show will be shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I hardly ever see ads anymore. In fact I realised the other day that I've never seen the end credits for Lost. I love my American "cousins" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've often paused on that Coors ad. You know the one where all the people are rolling down the snowy mountain. I always thought that the people at the end spelled out something but turns it's just a design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Elmo wrote: »
    DVRs (Digital Video Recorders) are also known as PVRs (Personal video recorder), I don't work there.

UPC calls them DVR's :P

Advertisement