Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boylepoker.com Irish Poker Rankings 2010 Thread - with €10,000 to the winner

Options
  • 05-02-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know the big news with Irish Poker Rankings.

Boylepoker.com sponsors Irish Poker Rankings 2010 with a €10,000 prize for the winner

Irish Poker Rankings 2010 will offer €10,000 to the country’s leading player in 2010 courtesy of Boylepoker.com

www.Boylepoker.com today announced its exclusive sponsorship of Ireland’s highly regarded Irish Poker Rankings 2010.
    The overall winner of Irish Poker Rankings 2010 will walk away with a €10,000 sponsorship package courtesy of the new sponsor.
    There will also be huge prizes on offer to successful ranking players throughout the year such as a free token into the online Monthly Million for the player who has earned the most points in any given month. Details to follow.

After a succesful launch in 2009 when Francis “Wally” McCormack won the title, the ranking points system has been expanded to include many more clubs and events and points will be awarded according to event buy-in, field size and finishing position. The new formula can be found on the left hand side of the home page.

Paul Spillane, Head of Poker at Boylepoker.com, explained the company’s involvement, saying, “We recognise Irish Poker Rankings as a fantastic way to connect with and bring together Ireland’s grass roots poker community.”

“It’s widely respected, highly competitive and a lot of fun, which is right up our street, and that’s why we’re delighted and very proud to sponsor this year’s race to the €10,000 sponsorship package!”

The idea for Irish Poker Rankings was formed at the 2008 Boylepoker.com International Poker Open, where one of Ireland’s global stars of the game, Andy Black, gave a free workshop to all the players at the tournament. In his talk, he asked players where they thought they ranked as a player: in their town, in their county, or in the country. On hearing this, poker player Iain Cheyne realised there was a need for a nationally recognised Irish ranking system, encompassing live events around the country and Irish Poker Rankings was born.

If you have any questions or comment I would be happy to answer them here.

Keep coming back for the latest news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Never knew that was where you got the idea for IPR Iain. Very best of luck this year. I know it is going to be a massive success as it was last year.

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

Loads of results now flooding in and are starting to be processed

John Keown currently number with Dara in 3rd

td/organisers post results to results @irishpokerrankings.com

If you have cashed this year then get your td to post the results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

IPR_Iain wrote: »
    Loads of results now flooding in and are starting to be processed

John Keown currently number with Dara in 3rd

td/organisers post results to results @irishpokerrankings.com

If you have cashed this year then get your td to post the results

Congrats on the new sponsorship Ian,

I'll start sending across results. I think I read somewhere that all games count or is there a min buy-in and min amount of players?

Also if a game has say 20 players how many places do you need for the rankings? I only record the top 10 at my pub games (as only 10 players score points for my league).

Thanks
    Jp

JP Poker wrote: »
    Congrats on the new sponsorship Ian,

I'll start sending across results. I think I read somewhere that all games count or is there a min buy-in and min amount of players?

Also if a game has say 20 players how many places do you need for the rankings? I only record the top 10 at my pub games (as only 10 players score points for my league).

Thanks
    Jp

Thanks JP.
    I only need the cashing players at this point. Theirhometown, buyin and numbers of players.

Results@irishpokerrankings.com

Looking forward to getting them up

iain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Is this only open to Irish players e.g. if a foreign player wins PP Irish Open do his points count

kakak1 wrote: »
    Is this only open to Irish players e.g. if a foreign player wins PP Irish Open do his points count

They will count. Should be about 150 points for winning irish open. John Keown already on 123 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Thanks JP.
    I only need the cashing players at this point. Theirhometown, buyin and numbers of players.

Results@irishpokerrankings.com

Looking forward to getting them up

iain

Cool,

I'll get Christine to start sending them acorss

Update

Results in from 1jan to 15thFeb

Monday nights up

loads more to add will get around to them this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭philcassidy

Update

Results in from 1jan to 15thFeb

Monday nights up

loads more to add will get around to them this week.

how does a game qualify for the irish poker rankings ???

• Advertisement

how does a game qualify for the irish poker rankings ???

Read this.

But essentially every game in Ireland from a reputable operator is a ranking game.

Get on to your local guy and tell him to get himself included.

IAin

Results received for the loft Naas from 01/10 to 20/02 - processing

Results receive for the Voodoo Club for january to date - Processing

Advertisement