Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite TV channel and why?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

What is your favourite TV channel and why?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Babestation... why? Boobies...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

channels 902-916 equally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

On a more serious note, my favourite TV Channel is BBC One because of shows like Doctor Who, Torchwood: Children of Earth, Survivors, Total Wipeout, QI etc.

Channel 4, E4 and TG4 also deserve an honourable mention...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 One Of Shanks

I don't really have one, but I prefer to watch something on BBC as opposed to the other channels, due to them not having Adverts. The length of breaks for ads on some of the channels has gotten ridiculous. To the point where they seem to be showing bits of shows in between ads rather than the other way round.

So BBC for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

HDMI 2 - It has my HTPC with ALL seasons of..

Doctor Who
    Torchwood
    Battlestar Gallactica
    Simspsons
    Friends
    Life on Mars
    Flashforward
    Dark Angel
    Family Guy
    House MD
    Scrubs
    Black Adder
    Being Human
    and throw inquite few movies also

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The CW and ABC Family, why?....'cause at my core i'm a tween :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Channel 4, E4 & More 4 Would be my favorites, i have pretty much given up on Irish Channels and have become depressed at the nonsense that is TV3, it just seems to get worse and worse. That ghastly cosmetic surgery show takes the biscuit with a cringing host and Buffoon second rate surgeon from the states, its almost creepy and not the surgery they cover. I also discovered recently how bad and plastic TV3 news coverage is, got a great kick out of watching Brian O Donavon last night, is this guy a robot? bizarre hand and body gestures and postures, its hilarious as is TV's general news coverage.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

HBO in America, the home of True Blood, Big Love, Six Feet Under, The Wire, The Sopranos, Oz and Sex in the City. Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

BBC. The best and most comprehensive media (tv,radio,web) on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,976 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Agreed, i have free sat and get all the BBC & ITV channels, in addition my better half is Polish and we have a Polish sat dish and system and we get HBO, other BBC Channels (with advertising, Kinda weird), FOX Life is great and theres the Discovery channels. The Eastern European systems are excellent and worth checking out €20 per month, Mini Box all you need is a spare sky dish.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

Sky sports 1,2,3, and 4 for football, golf, american football, cricket and football :D. Might as well delete the other channels.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

HBO/Showtime/AMC/Channel 4 - the best bits of them would make one fine channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

BBC/RTE/Dave/Comedy Central

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

GOLD,Hallmark(for L&O/SVU/House) and Sky News.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't really have an out and out favourite really.

RTE 2 show some fantastic nature documentaries and I love sitting down after a hard day at college and losing myself in them.

Sky 1 for 24 and Lost. I was going to say The Simpsons but the new episodes are dreadful imo.

Comedy Central/Dave and G.O.L.D are pretty good at the weekends when they show classic comedy films and have a good bit of stand up comedy on them.

E4 for Skins and some old episodes of Scrubs and Friends.

There's not one tv station that I'd watch all day or anything. I limit myself to a few stations as they show the programs that I'm interested in.

There's never going to be a perfect station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

My Favorites:
    RTE TWO (lost & dh before sky1!) // BBC ONE & TWO (brilliant wildlife/history programs) // E4 (skins!!) // SKY ONE (24!!) // SKY NEWS (well, just gives the news) // BBC NEWS (lots of interesting stories) // EUROSPORT (lots of skiing :D) // EURONEWS (things happening in europe) / TVE (helps my spanish) :):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Channel 4/E4.

They aren't scared to put out shows that are different and appeal to younger audiences. Such as Misfits, Skins (first 2 seasons were great), Shamless, Glee, 8 Out of Ten Cats.

Can't believe that people actually said RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    HBO in America, the home of True Blood, Big Love, Six Feet Under, The Wire, The Sopranos, Oz and Sex in the City. Savage.
    This, even though I don't have HBO. Don't forget Deadwood. Great show.

Out of my limited terrestial choice I would have to go for BBC. Very good news coverage, some excellent documentaries (Panorama etc.), MOTD, decent sports coverage, they showed the Wire. Yeah, I like and respect BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BBC4. Less is more

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I await the daggers.....

RTÉ One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Has to be FXUK (164 on Sky EPG) as they brought a lot of excellent US programmes to my home! In fact they introduced me to many good programmes which are all in my list of favourites: True Blood, Burn Notice, NCIS, Generation Kill, Nip/Tuck, The Wire, Breaking Bad and Dexter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

dambarude wrote: »
    I await the daggers.....

RTÉ One.

Get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

K4t wrote: »
    This, even though I don't have HBO. Don't forget Deadwood. Great show.

Out of my limited terrestial choice I would have to go for BBC. Very good news coverage, some excellent documentaries (Panorama etc.), MOTD, decent sports coverage, they showed the Wire. Yeah, I like and respect BBC.

I don't have HBO either:P, never seen Deadwood. Just went back and started watching Six Feet Under recently, I was 9 when it started so not the most appropriate. I'll add Deadwood to my list though, thanks:).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Dont really have a current favourite as I watch a bitta C4, E4, RTE2, Sky 1, BBC but overall through the years I think BBC 1&2 would be my favourite mainly because they gave us Only Fools and Horses, Fawlty Towers, Top Gear, The Office, Extras, Planet Earth, Life, Johnathan Ross all commercial free and a free, decent HD channel we can access from Ireland. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Sky Sports News
    ESPN Classic
    Dave

Can watch them all for hours

Advertisement