Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid March Skiing

Options
  • 05-02-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I am thinking of a ski trip in mid march - possibly to Austria - has anyone any recommendations for snow sure resorts with plenty of easy access (no bus!) intermediate skiing? I have been thinking Saalbach or Zell am See?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

For immediate access, I really don't think you'll beat Saalbach. All roads lead to home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

If you want to go to France, Tignes is incredibly snow sure, and no buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

EileenG wrote: »
    If you want to go to France, Tignes is incredibly snow sure, and no buses.

Chamonix is fairly reliable as well
    Skied on March 16th last year and all runs open in Grand Montets
    Heading back again on March 17th this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 inea

thanks for the replies - i have been to Tignes and really enjoyed it - prob going to do this holiday package and find it really hard to get decent accommodation in France for 2 people that isn't a shoebox or ending up paying big supplements unless you go DIY - thats why Austria seemed an option...

Advertisement