Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big blind twice in a row

Options
  • 05-02-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Saw something in a live tourney last night that I've not seen before.I had left the table for a smoke and on returning the player on my right was the bb with the hand in progress. When hand completes I put in my bb and the dealer tells me it's not my bb but the player's on my right bb. He tells her he was just bb in previous hand.
    As it turned out the bb had been eliminated 2 hands previous and the dealer played the next hand with the next two players putting in both blinds instead of a bb on his own thus the button passing a seat. This hand played to a completion and when dealer was informed she insisted the player to my right be bb again!
    Now the player didn't make too much of a fuss and he didn't call for the TD but should the previous hand have been recollected and redealt?
    I know when she made him bb again it brought the action back to where it should have been but surley the previous hand was won by default as it was dealt out of position.I didn't want to get involved because of being away from the table.
    Any ideas for what should have happened here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Don't know. No player should have to post his bb twice.

Don't think the hand should be replayed as from my understanding, the deal was correct, even if the blinds were incorrect.

I'd probably be in favour os skipping the dead players deal and making the player who didn't post a bb put it in dead in the next pot, therefore every player has posted a sb and bb and no player has lost their button. Would seem the easiest solution imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

hmmmmm
    hmmmmmmmmm
    good one need more thinking on this back later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 jackhack

I know if I was asked to be the BB two hands in a row I wouldn't be too happy, it would be a first for going on tilt without a bad beat and I would definately call for the TD.
    I kind of agree with Degag where as the player who missed his BB put it in on next hand and SB post as normal but this still dosen't seem right, BB/SB instead of SB/BB
    You can't deal the player who didn't post his BB out of the hand because of dealer error or can you?
    Strange one!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

jackhack wrote: »
    I know if I was asked to be the BB two hands in a row I wouldn't be too happy, it would be a first for going on tilt without a bad beat and I would definately call for the TD.
    I kind of agree with Degag where as the player who missed his BB put it in on next hand and SB post as normal but this still dosen't seem right, BB/SB instead of SB/BB
    You can't deal the player who didn't post his BB out of the hand because of dealer error or can you?
    Strange one!

No, i wouldn't be suggesting to deal a player out but in essence for you to have two bbs and one sb. Something similar happens in online cash games if a player sits out the blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

It's a hard one to picture but I think this is what you're saying.

Lets say you were in seat 6 so argument sake.

So what your saying is when the button was in seat one. Seat three was knocked out. So next hand button is in seat two and seat four should be BB on their own but instead seat 4 is SB and Seat 5 is BB. Then next hand button is dead in seat three again making seat 4 SB and seat 5 BB. is this right?

If this is the way it is then to resolve the problem. Leave the button in seat three but have seat four BB on their own. next hand button goes to seat four and five and six are BB and SB.

Effectively the last two hands were played backwards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 jackhack

Yes the way you have posted the hand is correct and I agree with the way you have resolved it. I spoke with a TD last night and he would have ruled that too much action had taken place, a mistake had been made but to push on the button and carry on the game as normal.

Advertisement