Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of internet yesteday

Options
  • 05-02-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Very annoying. What was the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

just-joe wrote: »
    Very annoying. What was the story?

I think it could have something to do with some sort of virus. This "my heritage" toolbar appeared and when you couldn't get a website it would bring you to a page saying "my heritage" on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

The entire system crashed wednesday night for a while.

Thursday morning there was a schduled downtime for an hour between 8 and 9 to upgrade the line between college and d'olier street from a 100mps line to a 1gb line

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

Yeah very annoying. I wasted ages thinking the problem was with my computer. I still cannot connect to TCDwifi using firefox, it only works with Internet Explorer. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

So annoying. No internet in Trinity Hall yesterday and I couldn't connect to the wireless in college either.

I emailed IS Services yesterday about it and got this reply this morning...

"We are currently experiencing problems with external internet access. Some users may experience slow internet connections. We are currently working on this and hope to have this resolved shortly.

Initially anyone connected to the affected server was unable to get any access to the internet but since yesterday morning users should automatically be directed through our second proxy server. Everyone should now be able to access the internet but may notice that is is slower than normal.

If you are still unable to access the internet then please call us on 01 896 2000 so that we can check the proxy settings."

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Thought I was the only one with this problem! :o Good to know I'm not the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Yeah very annoying. I wasted ages thinking the problem was with my computer. I still cannot connect to TCDwifi using firefox, it only works with Internet Explorer. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sounds like a configuration issue with just your laptop. Did you get your proxy settings put into firefox aswell as internet explorer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 everton091

N.T.L broadband in Galway very bad last nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

Sounds like the proxy settings in Firefox aren't set up properly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

neither works for me it won't ask for the user name and password but utorrent has the proxy stuff manually set up with the password already in and it worked.
    i hadn't changed anything on the settings it just didn't work one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭TheRiddler

If your using Firefox, make sure in the network settings that you have automatic proxy configuration URL selected and have this as the URL: http://proxypac.tcd.ie/accelerated_pac_base.pac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

i'll have to try again monday but had the proxy seetings all right and they had worked before so hopefully it'll work this week.

Advertisement