Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprise Party - No Music?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All

I'm having a surprise party in a pub in Dundalk for my husband's birthday. This is not his present but merely a night out for his birthday. I have invited about 40/50 people and plan on decorating the pub, having a cake and some finger food. The pub don't have music on a Saturday as its normally very busy anyway. Do you think this will look bad on my part not having music? I don't want the party to be costing me a fortune becuase his present has already cost me quite a lot so this is merely to mark the occassion. Any suggestions/help appreciated.

Oh the pub said that I can arrange music myself if I wanted provided it wasn't a disco but I just wouldn't have the money to pay for a band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joker1

Does any of the guests play the guitar....if so ask them to bring it along and have a bit of a sing song......

You would think the pub would put on a bit of music seen as you are bringing a large crowd in on the night that they probably wouldnt have had otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Duncelt

Cheers for responding.

That's a great idea but unfortunately there wouldn't be anyone with a guitar etc...., When I was first booking I said that there would be about 30 people but i'm expecting a few more than that now.

Someone suggested to me about asking if we could set up an Ipod? I might look more in to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭gipi

I have noticed that people at parties often want to have a chat to catch up and can't because of the music - so you might find that the lack of music isn't an issue at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Yeah I agree was at a 40th recently and couldnt talk over the dj to people we hadnt seen in years.
    Maybe have an ipod playing music to a comfortable level like background music ...enjoy your evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

gipi wrote: »
    I have noticed that people at parties often want to have a chat to catch up and can't because of the music - so you might find that the lack of music isn't an issue at all!

Agree completely, last 40th I was at was in a pub with no music just a bit of finger food and was the best 40th I was ever at as you could actually have a bit of craic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement