Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Indian in Fingal area?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭

I'm looking for a nice Indian take away in the Fingal area. We've tried Indian's in Balbriggan (where we live) but they were very disappointing. The unnatural colour put me off instantly, but the taste was also lacking.
    My favourite place is The India Link in Portmarnock. The food is amazing and it doesn't have all those mad luminous colours present in so many other Indian place's food. Since we moved, I'm guessing that they won't deliver to Balbriggan, so I'm looking for somewhere similar in a delivering distance to Balbriggan.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Does Indie Spice in Swords deliver to Balbriggan? I like them.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

The Indian restaurant in Rush is very good:
    Bombay Bistro
    Tel. 8437552

Don't know if they deliver to Balbriggan.

http://www.menupages.ie/locations/north_dublin/rush/restaurants/bombay_bistro.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Lillylilly wrote: »
    ...it doesn't have all those mad luminous colours present in so many other Indian place's food...

Often those "mad luminous colours" are from the use of proper spices in the cooking. For example, yellow from turmeric, red & green from ground dried chillis, etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The one in Skerries is better then both the Balbriggan ones.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The India link was what i was going to suggest. It seems to be very popular. As you say though, probably to far to deliver though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Often those "mad luminous colours" are from the use of proper spices in the cooking. For example, yellow from turmeric, red & green from ground dried chillis, etc.

I get that the spices colour the food to some extent but I don't understand how the "glow in the dark" shades of orange and vibrant reds are from spices. I have found that foods that have a more natural colour seem to taste better than the crazy coloured foods with the same name!!! Just my observation..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

Irish Halo wrote: »
    The Indian restaurant in Rush is very good:
    Bombay Bistro
    Tel. 8437552

Don't know if they deliver to Balbriggan.

http://www.menupages.ie/locations/north_dublin/rush/restaurants/bombay_bistro.aspx

this one..Its gorgeous! Food is the business too. Try it out.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The one in Skerries is better then both the Balbriggan ones.

I would disagree there, I think Saffron is very good. Haven't had it in a while though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I have to say that I'm not a fan of Shiva in Skerries and far prefer Bombay Bistro in Rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 japzeye

I heard a rumour that Bombay Bistro are going to open in Balbriggan soon,hope its true as the food is fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Not a big fan of Indian food but the Bombay Bistro in Rush is top class. They will deliver just about anywhere. Give them a call you wont be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

the bombay bistro is easily the best indian i have ever had. talking about fresh natural stuff they have it. i did notice a while back it had slipped a bit but its back to top form now and is as good as ever.

cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Checkout Indie Spice in Swords. The best.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Very fond of Shiva in Skerries myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

OP here. Bombay Bistro is the winner! Their food is amazong- I've never had onion bhajis like the ones they sell!!!

YUM!

Thanks for the recommendations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Checkout Indie Spice in Swords. The best.

Definitely agree :) Love Indie Spice! Top hats off to them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Kebab Palace in Drogheda is very good and pretty close too. Large portions and very tasty food.

76, Trinity St, Drogheda, Louth
    Phone +353 41 9873176

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

Have to agree with all the fans of Bombay Bistro in Rush.
    Quality is second to none.

Have not used the India Link in Portmarnock but have used their branch in Beaumont. Great quality and lovely staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

sirpsycho wrote: »
    Kebab Palace in Drogheda is very good and pretty close too. Large portions and very tasty food.

76, Trinity St, Drogheda, Louth
    Phone +353 41 9873176

Is that between Skerries and Rush? Or has North Dublin grown that much;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ha ha
    i think its slighlty out of range but its good food none the less.

if you are brave enough get the donerkebab meal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

Not North Co Dublin I know but Indus in Bryanstown Manor in Drogheda is good as well. Pickup only though.

I think Saffron has deteriorated over the last few months. The quality of chicken is crap - they must be hanging on by a thread.:(

Advertisement