Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanning facilities?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Are they any scanners on campus? If so, do we have to pay to use them, and are they any restrictions on what we can scan (e.g. books)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

The 24-hour computer room (the one with the glass walls) has a scanner. It's flatbed so honestly you could scan anything. Scaning and photocopying in College technically falls under copyright legislation which limits how much of something you can scan or copy. In practice, for personal use? Go wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

There's a scanner in the Iveagh Hall, Berkeley Library.

You have to abide by Irish copyright law - there's a copy of the restrictions under this law beside all the photocopiers in the Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

there's a scanner beside the computer rooms in Aras an Pearsaigh. I've used it a few times and it works great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

There's one in the Mac Room in the 24 computer places in the Hamilton too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jennedy

Theres a few in the laser huts I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

ISS wrote:
    Scanners are available for use by staff and students in the following locations: Aras An Phiarsaigh Lobby, Laser Hut 1, Hamilton 2, East End, Ussher Library.

Laser huts would probably be the quietest.

Advertisement