Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Dog Advise Needed

Options
  • 05-02-2010 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

My dog is sick. He wont eat and he has been throwing up alot. He is very lethargic.
    I think he might have ate something bad in the field were I walk him as he was once on the streets and eats everything he can find. If I catch him he just gulps it down before I can get to him. It could have been anything.
    It has been about 2 days now and he has ate a few dog biscuits.Thats it. I am worried about him. Should I just bring him to the vet today or do you think he will be ok.
    I havnt really got the money to bring him to the vet but off course I will if he needs it.

Any advise welcomed.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If he's still throwing up / not eating or drinking after 2 days I'd bring him to the vet.

Is he drinking at all? Did you starve him for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

No I have been trying to get him to eat. Giving him all his favourate things like peanutbutter but he wont eat anything. He is drinking fine but it is so unusual for him not to eat anything. He ate 2 bonio biscuits and a tiny bit of weetabix this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If he's getting sick, you should have starved him for a while and then maybe tried some boiled rice & plain chicken (helps sometimes when they've been sick).
    If he's refusing his food still after two days that's not very good. And is he still getting sick?

Edit - I have to run off now, but if he's still getting sick / not wanting to eat I'd at least ring the vet, but I'd probably bring him to the vet, incase he ate something that's still upsetting his stomach or possibly even something that's lodged or not breaking down in his stomach/other areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭YamaMotoYama

I think you need to take him to the vets!

The ISPCA and DSPCA offer cheap clinics (look up their web sites), so there is no excuse not to have your animal looked at. If he has been poisoned - then you need to bite the bullet and get him looked at as opposed to let him suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭LittleLebowski

I know that I would not let him suffer thats why Im posting it hoping someone would just say he'll be grand but if he hasnt eaten any of his food ill take him to the vet today. Im off at 1pm so Ill go straight home to check on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sorry, but no one here is qualified to say he will be grand, as we dont know exactly whats wrong.
    Just to be safe he needs the vet as he can get dehydrated very quick from vomitting and that could be serious.
    Has he had the runs too? if so then he needs a vet asap as both vomitting and diarrhoea together can be very serious as dehydration can actually make a dog very sick and would need a drip to get him right again.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭GinaH

MODS. You really should put a sticky about veterinary advice. An animal could die because of wrong advice on a forum. The Blue x have mobile clinics in Dublin for people who can't afford vet treatment and I am sure most local rescues would help.

Advertisement