Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ensidia Banned

Options
  • 05-02-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So Ensidia got banned after they got the world first of downing the Lich King cause they exploited the encounter by using Saronite Bombs. I'm not sure on how exactly the exploit worked but it seems that the guild got a 3 day bann.

Muqq wrote a blog ranting to blizzard about the buggy encounter on http://ensidia.com/muqq/blog/4078/ but I find the hilarious that Muqq nearly done a word for word paragraph on Tigole rant(http://www.legacyofsteel.net/oldsite/arc27.html) on EQ which the funny part is Tigole is a Blizzard lead Designer Jeff Kaplan.

So anyone faced Arthas yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,048 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats how you Dont get a response from the company your complaining to. Use language, mention boycotts and threaten them with ulimatums.

What a f*cking genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

An ultimatum from a nerd raging wow player, I'd be shítting myself.

Blizzard should respond soon as possible to this lad before all hell breaks loose and he gets his guildmates to send in game support messages calling the GM's all lolfags as well.

In all fairness though, in among all his nerd raging, he does have a few decent points.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I thought it slightly harsh, perhaps it would have been enough to strip their loot and their achieve, but a ban was meh.

But then again, they exploited, and this is what happens when you exploit.

And more stupid for them, they should known being of their reputation that alot of people will be watching them.

A very unproffesional blog post however, and typical of the egotistical gamer who thinks hes is gods goft, and something I touched on years ago in an article as to just why top gamers just don't deserve respect from their peers or anywhere else, because of the sheer lack of social cop on and awareness.

Sad to see nothings changed in 8 years.

Yeah I think thats what bothers me the most is the lack of maturity from what - in the World of Warcraft - is apparently meant to be a group of [Raiding] Role Models?

Its a 72 hour suspension take it on the chin.

Im guessing though it was the Seige Damage on the bombs that the GMs found exploitative. Seems like something they could have easily planned ahead for.

edit: and oh yeah - lol @ him burning all his bridges with Blizzard, calling them all f@gs and then ending with You have 1 week to fix this like he plans to be back playing like nothing happened :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

HE'LL BE BACK!! THEY ALL COME BACK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

TechnoPool wrote: »
    HE'LL BE BACK!! THEY ALL COME BACK!

Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in.....

[Happened to me]

Shougeki wrote: »
    Just when i thought i was out, they pull me back in.....

[Happened to me]

and these lads, their recruitment post is mad or sad, depends how you look at it.

what recruitment post?

Farming raid times are roughly 18:30 till 00:00. During progress you can expect to raid at any hour of the day. We realise this limits the amount of applicants, but it's essential that you’ll be able to free up time for these progress raids that could run for weeks at a time.

stuff like that tis mad i say mad!
    you cant apply unless you can raid at any time of the day for up to weeks at a time :(

That is way over the top...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Overheal wrote: »
    edit: and oh yeah - lol @ him burning all his bridges with Blizzard, calling them all f@gs and then ending with You have 1 week to fix this like he plans to be back playing like nothing happened :rolleyes:
    I think you (and some others here) completely missed the point of this bit. He was deliberately being ironic in quoting Tigole to point out that Blizzard have messed up and repeated exactly the same mistakes that EQ did (and which annoyed Tigole so much) 8 years ago.

p.s., why do people expect Muqq to be 'professional' in his post, when he's not a professional? He's just a some dude who got banned and ranted, not exactly a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

TechnoPool wrote: »
    Farming raid times are roughly 18:30 till 00:00. During progress you can expect to raid at any hour of the day. We realise this limits the amount of applicants, but it's essential that you’ll be able to free up time for these progress raids that could run for weeks at a time.

*blinks*

Wow, raiding at any time of the day.......no wonder he whined so much about being banned for 3 days, he (and his guild) probably have absolutely nothing else going on in their lives.

I mean, I sit around all day bored as hell as the job hunt aint going too well.....but its nice too se I havent suck to absolute bottom just yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    *blinks*

Wow, raiding at any time of the day.......no wonder he whined so much about being banned for 3 days, he (and his guild) probably have absolutely nothing else going on in their lives.

I mean, I sit around all day bored as hell as the job hunt aint going too well.....but its nice too se I havent suck to absolute bottom just yet :p
    Any time of the day....during progress. I.e. during the few days every six months that it takes them to clear the new content. It's not actually all that over the top tbh.

Blowfish wrote: »
    I think you (and some others here) completely missed the point of this bit. He was deliberately being ironic in quoting Tigole to point out that Blizzard have messed up and repeated exactly the same mistakes that EQ did (and which annoyed Tigole so much) 8 years ago.

p.s., why do people expect Muqq to be 'professional' in his post, when he's not a professional? He's just a some dude who got banned and ranted, not exactly a big deal.

Well for one it gains him no sympathy from anyone being that hostile. Pretty much why I'd say 50% of the wow community, cant be taken seriously, when they just launch attacks on blizzard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Come on people, are we really going to do this dance again? It seemed like only yesterday we had the discussion about sad no-lifers etc.

Do you realise that for guilds like Ensidia, this is a job. You blog about stuff, you get ad revenue and get paid. Sponsorship deals, recruitment by game developers to help design their game etc.

Kalgan wouldn't be where he is without similar experiences in Everquest. I know people who would kill for that and yet still would call playing WoW "professionally" sad. Grow up people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

TheDoc wrote: »
    A very unproffesional blog post however, and typical of the egotistical gamer who thinks hes is gods goft, and something I touched on years ago in an article as to just why top gamers just don't deserve respect from their peers or anywhere else, because of the sheer lack of social cop on and awareness.
    Nehaxak wrote: »
    An ultimatum from a nerd raging wow player, I'd be shítting myself.

Blizzard should respond soon as possible to this lad before all hell breaks loose and he gets his guildmates to send in game support messages calling the GM's all lolfags as well.
    Overheal wrote: »
    Thats how you Dont get a response from the company your complaining to. Use language, mention boycotts and threaten them with ulimatums.

What a f*cking genius.

You all realise that his blog post was a complete pisstake right ?

He basically copied a post that one of wow's top developers made when he was banned for an almost identical incident when he was in a top raiding guild during everquest and changed the everquest references to suit wow..... I thought it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

A year ago I would've cared, now I don't. Ensidia have been glitching for years, anyone remember C'Thun and the oozlings?

Magill wrote: »
    You all realise that his blog post was a complete pisstake right ?

He basically copied a post that one of wow's top developers made when he was banned for an almost identical incident when he was in a top raiding guild during everquest and changed the everquest references to suit wow..... I thought it was great.
    I did not. Im new to the MMO thing dont ya know.

Ok - inside joke: great. Outside of the inside joke he still looks like a tween having a tantrum.

Professional Gaming though, theres a calling that I missed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

You really would think that it was the end of the world.....

10 Things to do when banned from Tjani's blog:
    1) Actually go to work (or school if you do either on a regular bases, or something if you do neither!), and put some extra hours in, hey money is money, more cigs, lucozade and junk food for progress, tis all good. Oki yeah, it maybe frustrating not knowing whats going while your not at your pc, but its not like anything is going to change while your not there either.

2) Sleep, best thing ever invented tbh!!! specially if you get an average of 4-5hrs a night like myself, its great. (or masturbate, this ones for pop!)

3) Face the drama, its always fun to read what other people think of you, whether its good or critisism, most of the critisism makes you LOL anyway, since its 100% crap, and they have no idea what they are talking about. They think they know you as a person 100% just cus you play wow, just reminds me of how people assume we are paid to play etc, all that drama, if you are reading this, you may notice omg I have a job which I can fit around my passion for raiding, perfectly fine with me.

4) Level an alt (oki if you have a 2nd account), my priest is working to be the next muqq, level 70 and going strong!! Oki, not really, I did half a level and got bored as I dont have any badges to buy cloth airlooms but wth, it'll give me something to do tommorrow!

5) Dig out the old classic games, diablo2 anyone? had a route through my cupboard and found some classics (as well as some omg why on earth did I buy that game moments), and played some D2 yday. I also decided it was time to uninstall dragonage as I was totally unimpressed with that game (it had nice bits but meh). Decided to start playing through some baldurs gate tho, however the cd switching gets really annoying, WRU DVDS!!

6) Movies and series, always a good way to pass time. I recently got into watching true blood, finsihed off season one a few weeks back and have season 2 to watch, also lost season 6 just started, first eps pretty good. Along with my usual Desperate housewives and Vampire Diaries (yeah oki the last 2 are girly, but hey, who can blame me, after all I am a girl!!) Looking for a good movie, Sherlock holmes was pretty good, though Im running out fast, wtb some movie/series tips on whats good!!!!

7) Cook, haha oki, I rarely cook, unless you count frying up something fast or shoving a pizza in the oven, but despite what people may tell you (Fiona I know you are trolling this site), I'm not that bad. If I all of a sudden come down with food poisoning however, you know why.

8) Catch up with some buddies/family/go out/cimema/food/drinks, you name it! lunch tommorrow and shopping in town (after work ofc, doing time and a half in the morning, woohooo). I Might actually go and finally drag myself to see avatar again in 3d at the cinema, unless there is anything else worth watching, possibly followed by a fat stinking greasy curry from the curry house (just maybe keep your distance from me the following morning!!! lol)

9) Do those things you put of doing, as you never can be arsed to do them. Oki, so far ive cleaned, and I plan on possibly cleaning my car tommorrow (it looks like its been driving straight through the middle of a trash yard with the windows open currently!!), oh and maybe ill re-attach that back windscreen wiper that snapped off with all the cold weather, currently it is unsafe to be behind me on the roads, as I cant see **** with all the rain/sleet/snow, just so your aware if anyone crosses my path out on the road (prob highly unlikely unless your my sister taking driving lessons mwhahahah!!)

10) Sulk and start a count down on how long till you can log back your main, cus your really that sad, lol, I obviously am! (and drink wine while doing so, and contemplate what blog you are going to write, guess which nr im doing now!)

I didnt realise it was a joke.

As I'm sure most of the world didnt....which makes it look even worse, since I didnt find it in any way clever or amusing, even though now I understand the context :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Guess hes just basically saying something like 'Look blizzard, you're becoming what you were trying to get away from'

Either way, its only a game. Dont see why they should be getting banned from a glitch that blizzard should have found themselves tho.

Magill wrote: »
    Guess hes just basically saying something like 'Look blizzard, you're becoming what you were trying to get away from'

Either way, its only a game. Dont see why they should be getting banned from a glitch that blizzard should have found themselves tho.
    I always imagine their offices are grouped into who's worked on what. Like they should have got a memo from Bob down in the Saronite Bombs dept. that this might not be a good idea...

Im sure the reality is fairly different. With most of the designers pouring thousands of man-hours each into making the game I could imagine how they might have overlooked something so trivial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

They're good to go for hardmodes next week, they cleared it last night with what must have been a 2nd alt raid (they had alts clear Frostwing Hall).

Guessing it's like ToGC where only one player needs to be "attuned" to unlock the HMs, idk?

Advertisement