Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we move "Boardsie Boys"

Options
  • 04-02-2010 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

DEADLINE 22:00 -7/02/10

Hi all,

Right as we all know, The lag on the server is really starting to mess with daily play.

At the moment there is a free transfer offered by blizzard to

Dragonmaw
    SunStrider
    Hakkar

Check stats here

I am just putting it out there, But i think Dragonmaw is somewhere we should look in to.

Il put a poll up.

And please,

Can guild members only vote!

Cheers

!!GUILD MEMBERS ONLY!! Should we move server. 20 votes

Yes, Lets move
    0%
    No, Lets Stay
    65%
    RopeDrink][cEMAN**Shougekime-skywalkerEvoluteMagillSchismpapajimsmoothbriambiEI111TechnoPoolUttikLucky Charms 13 votes
    I don't mind, I am easy!
    35%
    KiithJosephNotoriousBlowfishZorbaTehZMullins07Nehaxak 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

No, Lets Stay
    Nice enough population on Dragon. The other two id kinda object to due to low Horde, meaning hard to get pugs for icc25 etc while you guys are gearing up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭briambi

No, Lets Stay
    sure, at the moment the simplest things is undo able... and we are a guild so if we move, 'well move together and its free so whats the problem. Dragonmaw stats seem fairly even.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't mind, I am easy!
    I'd rather a bit of lag around patch days then a dead server. I spent most of my time on mid to low-pop servers, and i wouldnt ever want to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

No, Lets Stay
    Kiith wrote: »
    I'd rather a bit of lag around patch days then a dead server. I spent most of my time on mid to low-pop servers, and i wouldnt ever want to go back.

I hear this, the first thing I noticed about Shattered Hand was a healthy population. Even so, I voted for a move, the lag can be quite a pain sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

No, Lets Stay
    id rather have lagg then an low pop server, but up to yourself.

and its not like its unplayable, plus this always happens when a new patch/content hits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Uttik

No, Lets Stay

Check the stats, Dragon is not low pop!

Il login and make a toon and see what its like

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I'm not playing wow anymore but just to warn you guys to stay clear of Hakkar, its 95%
    Italian and you will get kicked from groups if your not Italian and other types of behavior like that. When I was playing i actually apid to leave the server due to no english speaking guilds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I originally started on Sunstrider and have a lot of characters there, it's always been a pretty good realm overall. I'm surprised that it's open for free migration, given it used to be a pretty busy server. I haven't played there for at least 6 months so I don't know what it's like now, but on past experience I'd recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I don't mind, I am easy!
    Shattered Hand will probably be on some sort of free character transfer list of one sort or another for a while so don't rush anything. Nothing worse than a low pop pvp server that's over-run by the other faction.
    I've been on low pop servers and the crap free character move servers, they're always shít and you end up mostly over-run with retards.

That realm stats site is also bang out of whack, they're actually saying there's around 3,000 more alliance on Shattered Hand than Horde ? Also saying Draenor has only 2,000 more Horde than Alliance ?
    There's feck all Alliance on SH and there's about 3 Alliance (no kidding) on Draenor.

But anyway, my own experience with this is that you let everyone else move and you stay put. The lag spikes may always be there but it should get better as others move and besides, it's rare that it would effect the instance servers all the time, it mostly effects the big cities. Just get used to using Dala as a portal to ThunderBluff or Silvermoon as your AH trade point rather than hanging around Dala all the time, which is always going to be lagged.

SM and TB are usually lag free. Besides, it's shít hot to have your faction with a huge population on a server, you can sell stacks of copper bars for 30g ffs, that's amazing :D

No, Lets Stay
    Nehaxak wrote: »
    Shattered Hand will probably be on some sort of free character transfer list of one sort or another for a while so don't rush anything. Nothing worse than a low pop pvp server that's over-run by the other faction.
    I've been on low pop servers and the crap free character move servers, they're always shít and you end up mostly over-run with retards.

That realm stats site is also bang out of whack, they're actually saying there's around 3,000 more alliance on Shattered Hand than Horde ? Also saying Draenor has only 2,000 more Horde than Alliance ?
    There's feck all Alliance on SH and there's about 3 Alliance (no kidding) on Draenor.

But anyway, my own experience with this is that you let everyone else move and you stay put. The lag spikes may always be there but it should get better as others move and besides, it's rare that it would effect the instance servers all the time, it mostly effects the big cities. Just get used to using Dala as a portal to ThunderBluff or Silvermoon as your AH trade point rather than hanging around Dala all the time, which is always going to be lagged.

SM and TB are usually lag free. Besides, it's shít hot to have your faction with a huge population on a server, you can sell stacks of copper bars for 30g ffs, that's amazing :D

Mate, The offer started two weeks ago, I hoped more would have left, But the server just seems to get worst! I mean its starting to affect daily game play,.

But i dont mind, I would like to move, But il stay if the guild wants, as i said its only an option :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,052 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Joneser wrote: »
    I'm not playing wow anymore but just to warn you guys to stay clear of Hakkar, its 95%
    Italian and you will get kicked from groups if your not Italian and other types of behavior like that. When I was playing i actually apid to leave the server due to no english speaking guilds...
    If that was the reason given I would have taken it up seriously with Blizzard or a GM before paying for the transfer.

edit: Oh and this may have been part of your plan but leave a bank character or something behind to tell inactive players where the guildies all went (MOTD)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Overheal wrote: »
    If that was the reason given I would have taken it up seriously with Blizzard or a GM before paying for the transfer.

edit: Oh and this may have been part of your plan but leave a bank character or something behind to tell inactive players where the guildies all went (MOTD)

Ha yeah, most english speakers did and made huge petitions on the forums and stuff to try get a free transfer for the english speakers, but they said it depended on the population size and not the language of it, and they said they didnt have to speak english in game, only on the forums, so /2 in italian isnt much fun...prob still threads about it on the hakkar forums.

Just checked the forums out of interest and there is still the same problem, so yeah, best avoid hakkar :P

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

No, Lets Stay
    Bladefist is doing quite well these days, they recently opened free transfers there so its got a healthy population.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I don't mind, I am easy!

I'm with Kiith. I'm fine with the odd queue to log on and I've had worse lag. I think it's worth it for the good server we've got.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

No, Lets Stay
    Notorious wrote: »
    I'm with Kiith. I'm fine with the odd queue to log on and I've had worse lag. I think it's worth it for the good server we've got.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

But thats the thing, It started with a odd bit of lag, Its getting to the point where its affecting daily play.

No, Lets Stay
    I was getting 400-5000 (yes thousand) last night.

I logged onto Vek (which also has free transfers out of it atm) and had 140-230ms latency.

Also with a Free Char migration you have i think 10 or 20 days to return to the previous realm, i believe.

Either way im gonna stay with the guild (but i voted yes).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I don't mind, I am easy!
    Can we wait a bit until there are a few more options to switch to?

The previous realm I was on was in the Vindication battlegroup, which is one of the smaller (if not smallest) ones. Queues weren't particularly fun at times, so I'm enjoying being on Cyclone where it's far far busier. Dragonmaw would put is in Bloodlust, which is just as small as Vindication.

No, Lets Stay
    They dont generally make more options available. They even said so in a thread for the Vek migrations - i could go look for it, but cba. A blue posted that there will difinately not be further options.

No, Lets Stay
    I agree with Rope.

And its the point i am hoping to get a cross. There is a few reason why a move would be good.

We are a new guild, If we move to the lower pop server, We get better game play, And we get to progress on lag free servers,

Once a few more people hit 80, We will have a few groups for spamming Heroics and 10 man raids.

As for waiting. I dont know how long its going to be open for the free move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I haven't voted as I'm not a guild member yet, but fwiw I would definitely be in favour of transfering, over populated realms are far worse than under-populated realms imo, especially now with cross-realm battlegrounds and the dungeon finder. I was on Sunstrider for an hour or so last night and it is by no means dead, had some fun world PvP ganking a couple of allies (instead of leveling like I planned :P ).

Anyway as I said in the other thread I'm going to wait and see what you guys decide to do before transferring.

• Advertisement

I don't mind, I am easy!
    One way or another, we need to decide by tomorrow night. So anyone who hasnt voted has until tomorrow at midnight to decide.

No, Lets Stay
    Is the free migration over tomorrow night? If so we would need a closer deadline. And we also got to think about the people who may not be on here / WoW on a daily basis.

No, Lets Stay
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=7912981343&pageNo=1#0

Ragnaros, Shattered Hand --> Kor'gall, Shattered Halls

No, Lets Stay
    Deadline is 22:00 TONIGHT!!! :D

No, Lets Stay
    those two are supposed to be open till the 10th. If the deadline is tonight, then my vote for the original three listed is no, as there is a very good chance people will miss out on the FCM.

I don't mind, I am easy!
    Its gotta be all or nothing, so i say no (deja vu?) this time.

No, Lets Stay
    Its gotta be all or nothing, so i say no (deja vu?) this time.

We see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I don't mind, I am easy!
    Shougeki wrote: »
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=7912981343&pageNo=1#0

Ragnaros, Shattered Hand --> Kor'gall, Shattered Halls
    That's actually the third time in a row Shattered Hand has been involved in the free migrations, seems nobody wants to leave.

No, Lets Stay
    Blowfish wrote: »
    That's actually the third time in a row Shattered Hand has been involved in the free migrations, seems nobody wants to leave.

More reason for us to leave, As we dont have any ties. So to speak!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

You guys made a decision yet? I should be transferring my priest soon, just did to know where to transfer it :P

Advertisement