Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Football is more popular than GAA in Ireland!!!!

Options
  • 04-02-2010 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

...well boards really!!!

Football tenth most popular sport on boards.ie, 7th if you dont include Airsoft (wtf that is), shooting & pro wrestling

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64016107&postcount=6

Probably not that accurate as GAA is 12th but i presume GAA folk use other forums, etc.

Still tho, three cheers to all of us who post in the awesome AF forum!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hazys wrote: »
    And more cheers for those of you who keep us informed about the best plays of the day, top players, and add to the excitement of the coming Super Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Who Dat GAA... Who Dat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Sports is one of those categories where the posts fluctuate depending on when the games are on, those figures will be very different during the summer for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Sports is one of those categories where the posts fluctuate depending on when the games are on, those figures will be very different during the summer for example

Its only a bit of a joke, i dont think anybody would actually believe AF is more popular than GAA in Ireland or is even close.

I just wanted to give props to our small but active and entertaining forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

And deserved props they are....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Its only a bit of a joke, i dont think anybody would actually believe AF is more popular than GAA in Ireland or is even close.

I just wanted to give props to our small but active and entertaining forum.

This forum is AWESOME. And has played a huge part in my ever-increasing love of this Sport.

Especially as very few of my friends have more than even a passing interest in AF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

It's true, here's more proof!!!!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/kingdom-stars-to-miss--dubs-tie-for-super-bowl-2045079.html

I'm a massive Gaa fan but this forum is brilliant for Nfl chat amongst Irish fans, hope to see you in the Woolshed on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Football tenth most popular sport on boards.ie, 7th if you dont include Airsoft (wtf that is), shooting & pro wrestling

6th. Golf is not a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

It will be 6th soon when the numbers finally reflect the death of the poker forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If past seasons on this forum serve as a predictor, after this coming Super Bowl weekend, things will more than likely slow down for us until August 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,753 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It gets busy around March too.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    It gets busy around March too.;)

Especially the end April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Especially the end April

After that depression kicks in...

After that depression kicks in...

Im not too bad though I have the IAFL season keeps my addiction happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

Maybe, this year, everyone from the AF forum could go out to watch/play in the IAFL season... then we'd all have something to post about right up until the start of the NFL seaon!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Hoping to get to a couple IAFL games this season. Last year was the first in a few years I got to none :(

Lothaar v2 wrote: »
    Maybe, this year, everyone from the AF forum could go out to watch/play in the IAFL season... then we'd all have something to post about right up until the start of the NFL seaon!

:)

I second this. Support your local team.

Full 11s locations.

Dublin
    UCD
    Lucan
    Glasnevin
    Santry - Trinity
    Santry - Rebels
    Castleknock

South and South West Of Ireland
    Cork (UCC Sports Grounds)
    Limerick (University Of Limerick)

North
    Craigavon Cowboys (Brownlow Sports Centre)
    Belfast Trojans
    Carrickfergus Knights

I have no idea where the Development 8 teams are this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'm definately going to "try-out" for the UL team next year if I get into college there, but I'll be waaaaay too small. About 1 foot, 150 pounds too small! Nonetheless, I'm gonna be Ireland's next Peyton Manning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Is now a bad time to tell you you put santry in twice, TO?

:D

davyjose wrote: »
    Is now a bad time to tell you you put santry in twice, TO?

:D

Lothar knows why I put that there. Both Trinity and Rebels play in Santry in two different locations.

But I fixed it just for you :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Glasnevin

After five years, we've finally gotten the use of the college grounds. Progress of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭StopWatch

for the 1st time ever, i'm looking forward to the long, dark, off-season of the soul, as this year i bought Gamepass (which has been awesome) and can now look forward to watching any game I like from the season, and a bunch of NFL films...AWE some

StopWatch wrote: »
    for the 1st time ever, i'm looking forward to the long, dark, off-season of the soul, as this year i bought Gamepass (which has been awesome)

Yeah. I am not sure I will be able to go through a season without it now that I have gone through 1 with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

This thread gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

AF more popular then GAA, on this, well its a much better sport :)
    This forum is one of the best here been reading here lately
    Keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

...well boards really!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64016107&postcount=6

Probably not that accurate as GAA is 12th but i presume GAA folk use other forums, etc.

Well considering the GAA is only gearing back into Season now and NFL is right at the height of it its pretty unfair to say its more popular than the GAA based on post-counts lol

There is only 1 'NFL'

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I second this. Support your local team.

Full 11s locations.

Dublin
    UCD
    Lucan
    Glasnevin
    Santry - Trinity
    Santry - Rebels
    Castleknock
    What's the story with that Castleknock team? Are they new? Where do they play out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What's the story with that Castleknock team? Are they new? Where do they play out of?

The Rhinos they have been around for 2 seasons. They play out of Castleknock college

• Advertisement
Advertisement