Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Agent Fee's

Options
  • 04-02-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get quotes from property managemt companies/individuals who would act as management company agent. I am reviewing the budget for my apartment block / estate. We are being charged €33K (at a rate of approx €100 per member with 330 members in the company). This strikes me as being an exhoberent fee considering how little work this management agent actually does. What are other people being charged by their management agent?

Regards,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I pay just under 900 euro (which went DOWN by 100 euro this year) for a 2 bed duplex. Actually quite happy with the company. They've upped their services and do them well. I had to claim on insurance and it was efficient - that includes bins, gardening, window cleaning and insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Think we pay nearly EUR200 per unit.... looks like it would reduce the annual fee significantly if we could reduce the mgt agents fee - it does stand out as the big enpense in the budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

PDD wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get quotes from property managemt companies/individuals who would act as management company agent. I am reviewing the budget for my apartment block / estate. We are being charged €33K (at a rate of approx €100 per member with 330 members in the company). This strikes me as being an exhoberent fee considering how little work this management agent actually does. What are other people being charged by their management agent?

Regards,

Dave

Hold on a minute....

Is 100 eur the all in rate or the rate charged by the mgt agent for managing the complex (i.e their gross fee)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

amtc wrote: »
    I pay just under 900 euro (which went DOWN by 100 euro this year) for a 2 bed duplex. Actually quite happy with the company. They've upped their services and do them well. I had to claim on insurance and it was efficient - that includes bins, gardening, window cleaning and insurance

AMTC you're referring to your fee as an owner. The OP is looking to see what the Management Agents charge the Management Company for looking after the development.

We pay about €150 per unit (80 units) but that is about 50% less than the majority of other quotes we got when we sought alternative agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭markpb

€100 per unit seems quite good compared to any estate that I'm familiar with. Wyse were charging us €150 per unit for 321 units.

• Advertisement
Advertisement