Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Andre - Kay Burly Interview

Options
  • 04-02-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

I just got a chance to watch this. Did anyone else see this? I have to say my heart went out to him. He was genuinely upset A) By what Dwight York said and B) Her insinuating that Jordon is going to have the kids with Alex.

From Sky News Channel on Youtube:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Heartless cow IMHO.. She must have known what she was doing, how could she think he wouldn't get upset, especially given the day that was in it..

Having said that, she's probably delighted with the coverage of her interview.. No such thing as bad publicity and all that jazz :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

You know...If he wanted to be seen as a better role model for his kids and all that jazz....he really should get his ass off the tv and papers/mags and go and do something that counts.

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for someone who show-cases themselves in front of the public masses, and then goes off giving their heart-wrenching pleas for people to leave him alone.

Make up your mind, Pete. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ah poor Pete, he actually comes across as a really good guy with good intentions. Although I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with the questions she asked, they could well have been reserved to a later time when he has had a chance to deal with the whole thing privately, instead of badgering him live on air when he'd only found out about the marriage itself.

Very cheap, tabloid behaviour from Sky but not unexpected from a company owned by the same man as Fox News.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I posted this yesterday

Late slip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

He seems like a decent guy, in my opinion, and I think her question on "what if" Alex asks to adopt his kids, was just stupid. The key difference between him and Dwight Yorke is that Peter has an active role in the kid's lives...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

xzanti wrote: »
    Heartless cow IMHO.. She must have known what she was doing, how could she think he wouldn't get upset, especially given the day that was in it..

Having said that, she's probably delighted with the coverage of her interview.. No such thing as bad publicity and all that jazz :rolleyes:

This quote covers both Jordan and Kay Burley (another obnoxious individual).:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

xzanti wrote: »

Kay Burley is a hysterical drama queen. Her stuttering delivery and general air of cluelessness on weighty matters down the years mark her out as a poor journalist. She only looks comfortable on meaningless celeb matters which is hardly surprising being at sky.
    I bet she is absolutely drenched at the amount of coverage this is getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭mkahnisbent

Did anyone read her blog entry?

She's making it sound like she did him a favour (he was happy to get it off his chest) and tells us how she warned him never to cry in front of his children.

The woman clearly thinks her **** don't stink. What a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Rb wrote: »
    Very cheap, tabloid behaviour from Sky but not unexpected from a company owned by the same man as Fox News.

Sky News metaphorically resembles the rank toilets in Trainspotting and Kay Burly is the head turd floating about in the bowl.

It was the worst and lowest possible form of journalism and interviewing, less like interviewing and more like cutting a person until they cry or keel over and die.

But oul Pete isnt all innocent himself, he's a narcissistic attention seeker. He will turn up for the opening of an envelope and then take his top off given the chance. I dont totally dislike him as he does come across as a genuinely good parent but the fact he does not keep quiet on his personal life slowly eats away at my liking for him...be graceful Pete, just go home, look after the kids and shut your gob, Katie will destroy herself and the sooner the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I've never like that snide bitch and what the previous poster said about her having no ability to deal with the heavy issues was bang on.

She's a cúnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Sky News metaphorically resembles the rank toilets in Trainspotting and Kay Burly is the head turd floating about in the bowl.

It was the worst and lowest possible form of journalism and interviewing, less like interviewing and more like cutting a person until they cry or keel over and die.

I haven't seen it, but I hear the treatment of Mike Tyson in his interview with Sky last year was just as bad...questions about his dead daughter pushing him to the point where he almost lost it.

Sky is tabloid television.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 markie24dublin

Thought it was really sad seeing that.. he is genuine worried about his kids.. I hope Jordan won't make it a court case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

He's being ridiculous- the key difference being that he said publicly that he wanted to adopt Harvey, Alex has never said anything of the sort about those children. Sure Harvey wasn't even in Peter's show because Jordan wouldn't allow it, nobody has a clue what contact Dwight Yorke has with him. If I was him I would have said "It would have been a better idea to discuss my wishes with Harvey's father first, Alex has not expressed an interest to adopt the children." Move on. The tears were a publicity stunt.

It's very easy to have unconditional love for a profoundly disabled child when you have all the money in the world to put into education and care and a team of nannies to take over on a whim. At least Jordan doesn't pretend that this isn't the case.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

the key difference being that he said publicly that he wanted to adopt Harvey, Alex has never said anything of the sort about those children. .

This is a good point actually.. however I don't think Dwight York really plays much of a role in Harvey's life to begin with?.. I am open to correction though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Sky News is car crash TV, you dont want to watch but you cant help it.

IMO Kay Burley is obnoxious, she thinks she runs the joint. Shes an awful interviewer and I'd say she was delighted when Peter Andre reacted the way he did. He was only supposed to be interviewed about his television and singing career. Why anyone wants to know about a so called celebritys private life is beyond me TBH.

Ms Burley states in her blog she was mortified when he began to cry but I'd suggest she wouldnt have a problem employing the same tactics again to get a similar reaction from someone else. To then go on to say that Peter Andre cried on her shoulder and that she advised him never to cry in front of his children is outrageous as far as I'm concerned. First of all its no-ones business what happened after the show and secondly its nothing to do with her whether he cries in front of his children or not.

Peter Andre knows that if Jordan was to challenge for custody she would most likely win because shes now married and Peter Andre is not. Dwight Yorke may be the father of her first child but the only contact with him seems to be the conception! Peter Andre is the only father figure those children have ever had so to think they may be taken away from him must be incredibly upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Burley is an idiot. She once suggested putting ejector seats in helicopters FFS !

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Surely he would win full custody of the children if he went for it and wanted it

For some reason, that Burley bint is a protected species.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Kay Burley is a witch. I'm not surprised she pushed him to tears. He needs to man up a bit though (at least in public, put on a brave face) or he'll be known as a cry baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Another facepalm moment brought to you by Kay Burley.
    Cementing her reputation as the Alannah Partridge of the global media, Sky News presenter Kay Burley asks the broadcaster's US correspondent Greg Milan how the vice president Joe Biden got that "nasty" bruise on his forehead. She even suggests on air it might have happened as a result of a fall at the Winter Olympics, only to be told that Biden is a Catholic and it's Lenten ash. "I know, I'm a very bad Catholic," Burley witters. "I've said three Hail Marys, everything is going to be fine."

http://www.tribune.ie/news/editorial-opinion/article/2010/feb/21/10-most-read-online-stories-of-the-week/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Little D

this might be a silly question but i'm not sure on these matters, can alex reid addopt peter andres kids even when peter plays an active role in their life? does he not need peters permission?? Alex reid is loved by the public since CBB, i dont think it will be to long before he see's sense and dumps her!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Little D wrote: »
    ...i dont think it will be to long before he see's sense and dumps her!!!

If i were cynical i might imply that he's in it for the money too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Little D

If i were cynical i might imply that he's in it for the money too.

your mixing cynical up with sensible, :D
    their both in it for the money and fame
    but the fact thats he now a celebrity in his own right
    would make me think he no longer needs her,

their both in it for the money and fame
    but the fact thats he now a celebrity in his own right
    would make me think he no longer needs her,

Should he become more popular than her, she'll wear him down and dump him, like she did with her last victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gavinco

I thought the interview was really out of order. The Dwight York footage wasn't even new. It's like she was trying to throw everything at him, to make him upset.

I keep reading past the "Andre" and "Burley" and seeing Peter Kay Interview.

There's a difference :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭irishhigh

It was very nasty what she did to pete alright, she backed him into a corner and pushed his buttons knowing she would get that reaction from him! then she had the cheek to ask about his new single when the poor guy was sitting there with tears in his eyes totaly mortifide, angry and shocked. I just hope the table turns on her some day and she is made to feel like crap live on sky news:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

shinny wrote: »
    I just got a chance to watch this. Did anyone else see this? I have to say my heart went out to him. He was genuinely upset A) By what Dwight York said and B) Her insinuating that Jordon is going to have the kids with Alex.

From Sky News Channel on Youtube:

who cares really. Ive no sympathy for anyone dumb enough to get involved with a girl who releases a sex tape of her and dane bowers. Peter andre knew she'd get his career going again, what a sap. I'm sick of seein his stupid face on the telle every saturday, ushering us to go and by the sunday tabloids and "read about my heartbreak and why it was never going to work" also "read about my new love and why I'm so happy". why does he think people are so interested in him, because he cries on TV. I;m sure his agent is telling him, "yes peter, your the nations sweetheart now, time to strike while the irons hot, we can ride this into the ground, Newspapers, ,magazines, interviews, TV and ohhhhh maybe a movie, yesssssss PETER, the movie. GET A GRIP, that's the way these god complexes work!!

He's a woman, there's far too many metro-sexual, ice skating, ballroom dancing, camp winging reality stars on TV now, what's one more I sippose is his opinion.

j1974 wrote: »
    Peter andre knew she'd get his career going again, what a sap. I'm sick of seein his stupid face on the telle every saturday, ushering us to go and by the sunday tabloids and "read about my heartbreak and why it was never going to work" also "read about my new love and why I'm so happy". why does he think people are so interested in him, because he cries on TV.

Thank you.

It's hard to spend all those years with someone like Jordan, and not learn a few tricks yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mia2

Dwight York is a scumbag. I think Peter is more of the innocent party in all this crap that Katie. But i don't think he is an angel by any means.

Advertisement