Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Broadband speeds - Hartstown

Options
  • 04-02-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what kind of packages people in Hartstown or D15 in general are signed up to. A couple of years ago I was told my line could only handle 3mb max. Im just curious to find out if that is still the case or are people on faster packages ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im down the road from you in Brookhaven and im hitting around 7mb.

But thats when its the middle of the day and all is well.

See
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055818344

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I live in mountview and with eircom bundle which was supposed to give us 7 but we are lucky to hit 4 at the most and they still charge us extra knowing that the cable cant handle 7 and it keeps crashing.:mad:

I live in mountview and with eircom bundle which was supposed to give us 7 but we are lucky to hit 4 at the most and they still charge us extra knowing that the cable cant handle 7 and it keeps crashing.:mad:

Are you the same Pineapple stu from foot.ie and I think the shels forum?

Did you run a test to tell you that it cant handle 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

jeffk wrote: »

Is there a test you can run ? I'd love to get 30mb but if the line can only handle 3mb theres obviously no point!

Tusky wrote: »
    Is there a test you can run ? I'd love to get 30mb but if the line can only handle 3mb theres obviously no point!

None that I know of,its more to do with the company supplying the service.

I suppose you could ring various companies and tell them your location and ask if their 30mb service is available. Just on upcs site and they have a drop down menu to check if you can get their services in an area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

jeffk wrote: »
    Are you the same Pineapple stu from foot.ie and I think the shels forum?

Just ran a test to see how much we were actually getting. We have never had 7 just 4 tops ( not the band ) :D

Rang BT and they said the most the line can handle is 3mb. Rang NTL and they dont do this area yet. Bummer.

Ive gotten and get 7 up till six, then its 5ish, then by around now just under 2.

Are ntl not upc?If so i had a look and on their site the nearest point was clonsila and that got their broadband service.

Downloading now and its hitting 780.00 kb/s

After the last time I got crap speeds and eircom told me its my end I stripped the phone leads back.

I've a phone downstairs with a asdl spilter and a line that runs to upstairs.
    Then upstairs ive the same set up and the second line runs into the router.

I have this ages and not a peep from sky about the phone lines in the two boxes disconnected, sure that's only for ppv and their non existent updates.

D15 sucks! Upc dont do cable internet here, digiweb and imagines wireless services arent available, and the most I can get with any of the DSL providers is 3mb, which actually only runs at about 1.5. Blah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

D15 sucks! Upc dont do cable internet here

Well, that doesn't apply to D15 as a whole.. I've got a 20MB UPC cable in D15.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Broadband service in D15 sucks!

FYP!

Polar101 wrote: »
    Well, that doesn't apply to D15 as a whole.. I've got a 20MB UPC cable in D15.

Do you mind me asking where abouts ?
    Gaspode wrote: »
    FYP!

My original statement is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tusky we also have higher speeds to in Littlepace in D.15

I think its cos Hartstown is on an old network. Same with my Mam's house as she is not too far from you and also have a mate who lives near you who also has terrible speeds too.

Advertisement