Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College in Lyon

Options
  • 04-02-2010 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I had a conversation last night with someone that told me that there are well over 100,000 third level students in Lyon and over 70 colleges/univesities.

That's a massive student population for a city the size of Dublin.

The explanation is that Lyon serves a population area multiple times the size of Ireland.

Just thought I'd point this out in case anyone is looking on this forum for somewhere to study abroad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

I'll be heading to Lyon on my erasmus year, this september. That makes it sound a little more daunting, though also kind of cool!

Anyone here been to Lyon on Erasmus, or for a substantial amount of time? Or even just a holiday?! I'd really appreciate any advice, warnings or info!

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I went for a fortnight last September and hope to head back there to study for the year next year as well. The college I'm going to is a little bit outside the city and is quite small, ~600 students, but it's a grand école rather than a university so I imagine they'd be a fair bit bigger.

Not sure if this is the same everywhere but classes can be pretty small for some things, same as here I suppose. Lyon is beautiful anyway, and has really good public transport. We knew our way around the city centre pretty well after a couple of days.

What're you going to be studying there?

Advertisement