Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place in the world for a design masters?

Options
  • 04-02-2010 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi guys,
    I just completed my honours degree in Industrial/Product design. Im looking to do a masters now. I was just looking for a few opinions on where is a good place to study. It could be anywhere in the world, but i just want to get more information on the range of possibilities for a design masters. It would also be great anyone had a link to a website which would be helpful to find out about this. Thanks everyone! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

best colleges in the world are in america and UK so naturally i would say

MIT www.mit.edu
    CALTECH www.caltech.edu
    berkley www.berkeley.edu
    oxford
    cambridge

design is basically a sub-speciality of mechanical engineering (CAD etc), so look for courses under that.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Italy is renowned as a capital of all things design - furniture, architecture, fashion, graphic, and to some extent technological. I'm currently studying Graphic and Virtual Design here through Italian, but you can find Masters taught in English too. Design is taught either at the IED (Istituto Europeo di Disegno) which has campuses in Turin, Milan, Rome, Venice, Florence, Cagliari, the Politecnicos (equivalent to IT's) and lastly independent design schools (e.g. Accademia del Lusso in Florence.

Advertisement