Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE Domain Names 14.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Can i buy for 2 years up front for 14.99 a year?

Anyway it can be applied to transfers?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Random wrote: »
    Can i buy for 2 years up front for 14.99 a year?

Not at the moment
    We're awaiting clarification on some pricing changes from the registry
    Random wrote: »
    Anyway it can be applied to transfers?
    I'll look into that

The €14.99 discounted price is now available for transfers as well

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dades wrote: »
    The other option is to register your actual name - you just need to fax ID - but beware there rules on how your name can be regged.

Do you allow this form of registration? If yes, please explain, couldnt see anything on your site.

The domain I want is free and I'll register today if I can. I want www.firstnamesurname.ie :)

Thanks,
    Lethal.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Do you allow this form of registration? If yes, please explain, couldnt see anything on your site.

The domain I want is free and I'll register today if I can. I want www.firstnamesurname.ie :)

Thanks,
    Lethal.

You can registered firstnamelastname no bother at all.
    I registered barrysomers.ie with blacknight few months ago, they'll send you an e-mail explaining what you need to do.

Basically you must supply photo ID to prove its your name :)

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    You can registered firstnamelastname no bother at all.
    I registered barrysomers.ie with blacknight few months ago, they'll send you an e-mail explaining what you need to do.

Basically you must supply photo ID to prove its your name :)

Dunno how I missed that post

For anyone who is interested there is a list of acceptable docs and formats over on http://www.pdn.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Brilliant, I can send passport/age card/statement/studentID/all the above. Will get the ball rolling in the morning, thanks for the help.

Brilliant, I can send passport/age card/statement/studentID/all the above. Will get the ball rolling in the morning, thanks for the help.

Cool

If you have any questions let us know

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mary234

Hi Blacknight,
    I am really disappointed - I was really excited to see you were only charging 14.99 for website domain registration, however when my bill arrived (I've been a customer for a couple of years now) I see I am still been charged 24.99 before VAT. When I inquired I was told that the 14.99 price only applies to new customers! No love for the faithful customer?:confused:
    Mary

Mary

We pass on the savings that we get from the registry operators.

If they give us a discount on new registrations then we can offer it to our clients

Michele

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

So is that how it works. I could reg for 15 quid this year and its 25 next year?

Also do you do deals on forum hosting as well?

Ive just subed to your news letter now anwways so ill keep an eye on that.

So is that how it works. I could reg for 15 quid this year and its 25 next year?

I don't know how much we'll be charged by the registry next year. If they reduce the rate they charge us then we will pass on as much of the saving as we can.
    Over the past 7 years we've reduced our retail price on .ie domains by more than 50%, so there's no reason to think it won't continue
    Also do you do deals on forum hosting as well?

What do you mean?
    Ive just subed to your news letter now anwways so ill keep an eye on that.
    It generally goes out around the first week of the month

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

i want to set up a php style forum like boards.ie but a lot smaller for a club with perhaps 20 to 50 members. Was looking at your site and its like a fiver a month. But did find other place that does it for 20 per year.

i want to set up a php style forum like boards.ie but a lot smaller for a club with perhaps 20 to 50 members. Was looking at your site and its like a fiver a month. But did find other place that does it for 20 per year.

If you use the coupon code: twitter

You'll get a discount on your first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 piranhaman

Hi,
    I'm looking to register a .ie domain, get hosting and an SSL cert. What pre-requisites do I need to be able to register a .ie domain??

Have you any offers for a suitable package??

Thanks,

Hi There,

Any of our shared hosting plans would be suitable here. For example our Minimus plan for €4.95/month.

You can see details of this plan here:
    http://www.blacknight.com/minimus-hosting.html

Our SSL certs are an additional €99/year, you can order this by emailing sales@blacknight.com.

Regarding the .IE registration, if its going to be used for business purposes you will need to supply your CRO number, or if its for personal use supply a letter outlining your claim on the domain along with a copy of your passport/utility bill or driving license.

You can find more details on registering .IE domain here:
    http://www.iedr.ie/QuickGuideToRegistrations.php

Regards,

Niamh.

Advertisement