Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing / Computer Science

Options
  • 04-02-2010 5:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi All,

Im thinking about taking on a part time course in ITTD doing Computing / Computer Science however I have a couple of questions...

I done a full time course there previously, Electronic Engineering, however I struggled a lot with maths an in the end, I gave up after I got my cert (Laplace and FFT are EVIL!)... how is the maths on the computing / CS course?

As I work full time (at least for now) it absolutely HAS to be part time... what are the hours like?

As I previously attempted 3rd year in Electronic Engineering and failed, miserably, does that mean I am required to pay additional fee's as per the information listed here -> http://www.it-tallaght.ie/AcademicSchools/StudentAdministrationOffice/Registration/Fees/FreeFees/

Thanks for any and all information provided...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The maths is very basic and only in the first and second year. It's basically converting binary, hexidecimal etc.

The part time course runs 2 or 3 evenings a week from around 6pm onwards (I think).

Finally, I'm pretty sure you would have to pay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NakedIrish

Finally, I'm pretty sure you would have to pay

:(

Thanks for the info though, 2-3 evenings a week is manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I think u always have to pay for part time courses anyways, as they allow you to work full time

Advertisement