Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For A Unpaid Web Development Internship In Dublin This Summer

Options
  • 04-02-2010 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I hope this is the right place to post this!

Im a 2nd Year computer science student in IT Tallaght and am looking for a unpaid (or paid!) internship for the summer and college year from June 2010 to Jan 2011(time period can be flexable). The work placement module is a part of my course next year so im looking for a internship in web development anywhere in dublin so I can gain some experience in web design and development so I can go on to be a web designer

The skills I am currently learning are HTML/XHTML, CSS,SQL and have experience in Java and CISCO networking and systems design. I also have a backround in graphic design, completing a two year graphic design course and am fluent in adobe photoshop/illustrator and am currently learning flash and dreamweaver. I posses design skills thought to me during my graphic design course which id also like to progress during my internship

Im having trouble finding places to apply for and dont really know where to look so if anybody knows off any places to apply that would be helpful, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Try the WPP (Work Placement Programmes) that FAS run.

Search the job section on the FAS site daily to find them - they have WPP1 or WPP2 after the job title in the listings! :)

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Sometimes there are web design opportunities at Volunteering Ireland (look at Office based work or Virtual Opportunities).
    Nothing stood out when I looked this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mcR

Thanks their good places to look, ill have to wait a bit closer to june to apply but now I know where to look, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

silverwex wrote: »
    Try the WPP (Work Placement Programmes) that FAS run.

Search the job section on the FAS site daily to find them - they have WPP1 or WPP2 after the job title in the listings! :)

Good luck.

These placements are for people who are unemployed. They're not for students!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lilultra

Check you pm and get back to me

• Advertisement
Advertisement