Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oh to be a bit fitter

• 03-02-2010 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

The intention of this log is to be a motivational tool for myself and if there are others who are in the same boat then they are more than welcome to comment.
    A bit of background first:-
    • 33 yrs old
    • Not much of an athlete
    • played GAA at a low level for the last 16 years
    • a few races and 1 tri about 3 yrs ago
    • very little since
    Have been for 2 runs (4 miles each) since Christmas and 2 training sessions (for the GAA).
    No major goals for the coming year just to get fitter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Excaptain

Good man padraigc. I started running about a year ago. Same age as you with no real goals. That has changed & since then the goal is for DCM this year. I don't think there is a better get fitter past time than running. I'm 33 this year and I don't think I have ever been as fit & its great for getting the excess weight off. The best of luck mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 padraigc

During the runs earlier this year I began to feel my right calf tighten after about two miles, but kept going for the next two miles.
    Woke up this Monday with a pain in my lower back, worse this morning, so called into physio. My pelvis is mis-aligned on the right and when I ran the physio says that it would be like running with only one shoe on (the left in my case).
    Off my feet for until next week, no training, no games, just streaching in the mornings and pilates movements. A bit gutted but at least its being sorted early and not in the middle of the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 padraigc

Ha ha feel much better today, going for a run tomorrow, can't keep a mediorce (?) man down.

Advertisement