Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Community Creche

Options
  • 03-02-2010 6:31pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There are a few spare places in the Community creche in Balbriggan.

www.bccg.ie

As it is a community creche it is run as a not for profit charity and provides an essential service to the people of Balbriggan.

Subvention applies @ the following rates

SUBVENTION FUNDING

As Balbriggan Community Childcare Group run a community, not-for-profit Child Care service, parents of children attending may receive financial assistance (subvention funding) towards the cost of their fees.

The amount of subvention funding received depends on certain qualifying conditions based on the parents’ financial situation and is split into the following bands

1. The subvention rate for Band A parents is €100 full-time, €50 part time per week.

2. The subvention rate for Band B parents is €70 full-time place, €35 part time per week

3. The subvention rate for Band C is €45 full-time , €22.50 part time per week

Band A, those receiving:

* One Parents Family Payment
    * Widow or Widowers Pension
    * Jobseekers Benefit or Allowance
    * Pre Retirement Allowance
    * Farm Assist
    * State Pension (was Old Age or Retirement Pension)
    * Blind Pension
    * Guardians Payment (was Orphan’s pension)
    * Illness or injury Benefit
    * Disablement Benefit
    * Invalidity Benefit
    * Disability Allowance
    * Carer’s Benefit or Allowance
    * Back to Work / Education Allowance
    * Supplementary Welfare Allowance

Band B, those receiving:

* FIS Payment
    * FÁS Training Allowance
    * Part time Job Incentive Scheme

Band C, those receiving:

* Medical Card / GP Visit Card

Parents will need to fill in an application form and provide proof of circumstances to qualify for this subvention funding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

HI,

In relation to the places here do BOTH parents need to be in receipt of social welfare payments? I am on jobseekers desperately trying to return to work, Creches are so expensive and would really like to get my son in somewhere for him and for me!

Thanks fr your response in advance

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No,you can qualify for subvention once one of you is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am bumping this because I have had a few questions about it from other boardsies that have been laid off and are planning to return to college in Sept.

The website is updated.

www.bccg.ie

Advertisement