Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flow direction: Radiators

Options
  • 03-02-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Is it possible to reverse the flow in a radiator or do they have a Non return valve or similar devise built in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Makes no difference really, once a rad has a flow and return it will work fine no matter which side is which. Standard rad valves are both the same, the only difference is valve head, either wheel head or lock shield, heads can be swapped over.

Correct way if to pipe flows is on the right, returns on left, this only makes sense when piping a system from scratch, flow of boiler is normally on right hand side so it saves from crossing pipes to keep all flows on right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am guessing this is because you have a rad tucked in behind a unit and you want to be able to turn it off.

If so be careful.

Some of the cheaper valves like matchmate are all plastic. If you turn the rad off whilse hot it wears down the head of the valve very very quickly and the valve knob will not work. This is simular with many of the cheaper valves.

Where as ,match master have a metal insert that allows it to be turned on and off.

TRV's can also be turned off and on.

Of course if I am off the planet. My apologies hope the information was of help;)

Advertisement