Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crystal Reports: Passing Parameter Values to command objects

Options
  • 03-02-2010 12:47pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm developing reports for a client.

The reports are run from within our HR application, parameters are passed to the report from a JSP. This all works fine. Managers in the company want to be able to run reports, the problem is I only want to give them reporting visibility on the employees directly reporting to them. So I thought, just create a parameter in the command object that passes in the position id, then the query will only return people that report to them. This works as intended in the report viewer.

Here's where the trouble starts, when running the report from the application, the parameter page will load a list of available employees based on the query - no employees are returned because the passed in parameter is never read at this stage, it only seems to be read when the report has been initialised.

It's kind of hard to explain, but does anyone have any suggestions/workarounds? My crystal is very weak but I understand the basics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Hi,

Have some basic knowledge of crystal, not sure if I'll be able to help or not, but here it goes....

Where are your list of parameter employees read from,
    were they typed in manually as available parameters?
    or is the parameter looking at the employee id field

Also have you instructed the report that your {?parameter-employee} is = {database-employeeid)?

Hope I make sense with the above or can help some way.
    Cheers,
    Pablo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bfiro

Hi ,

I need to pass parameter from JSP page to Crystal report. i am using Crystal report10. Tomcat6. and Oracle database. i have created(designed) report and working fine when pass parameters drictly from crystal report.can you please help me in this

Thanks in advance
    Firo

Advertisement