Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy AFL 2010 - Now Open!!!

Options
  • 03-02-2010 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks it's time to get crackin on this.

Good numbers over the past two years, though the Fox Sports version wasn't exactly the best.

This year I have set up a league on the official Toyotal AFL site and it looks like a really good format.

http://dreamteam.afl.com.au/

League Code - 345455

There is also a Facebook group for that site -

http://www.facebook.com/AFL.Dream.Team?v=wall

Stick your name down here if/when you join.

Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Im in, WA Gladiators :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Im playing with bolloxology

Wont be here for the whole season but sure its a reason not to lose interest in AFL once i go home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Exactly!

It's a good way to get to know teams/players, and sure the coverage is pretty good at home now anyway.

Spread the word!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

donkeys are back in for another year. have to sort out about picking the team now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Back to defend my title (at least I think I won last year!!)

Last year was my first season following Aussie Rules properly and this was a great way of getting to know the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Howdy lads

I hope ye don't mind me joining in your league, I've played the AFL dream team game the last couple of years and I wanted to join a couple of leagues this year so I figured I'd join up and get involved in the Boards one. (I didn't even realise Boards had an AFL forum, hopefully I'll do some contributing here during the year)

Anyway, team name is Seldom Seen Kids, good luck to all playing!

Welcome along mate, the more the merrier! We have six in so far and it'd be nice to get double figures to make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Currahee01

Vulture Street entered for debut season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bruno77

Kerry Bandits just joined and will be doing their best to win the wooden spoon in their debut year! Roll on thursday. ESPN showing opener thursday morning and cats v bombers friday. Sky planner doesnt go any further for now

Up to 11 players in the league now. Great stuff!

Be cool if we could get the 16 to fill it so spread the word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

In.

Here's how I picked my team.

Pick two of the most expensive players in each position, then scroll down a bit and click random players at regular intervals, until I got to the bottom of the scale for the subs.

Who are Feeney's Fandangos? Weird.

Damn, didnt realise there was a thursday game this week and LeCras is ruled out with my emergency froward suspended by Richmond. Its tricky with only 20 transfers over the season. I'll probably use 2 after week 3 when the price changes start to come into effect

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bol_Whelan

Did anyone join the tipping or the Fantasy leagues on Fox Sports? Just wondering if there is any leagues to join.

Kept Riewoldt as skipper for the second week in a row. A nice 7 goals from him.

I'm doing my tipping on BigFooty.com

Damn it, finished 7th in the regular season, with 5 transfers left for the finals. I totally forgot about this last week and had Rioli and Higgins ruled out, lost by 140 points which two replacements for them would probably have picked up. :mad:

I made a right balls of it at the start, didnt realise I had emergency players and I made a mess of the team as well. ah sure. nearly messed up again in the minor finals thing, I thought it was all over! but managed to scrape thru anyway for the prelim finals. no wooden spoon here, altho I think it would be hard enough to win it what with some of the participation levels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I started off ok, but injuries fecked me up, and i missed a few weeks. managed to finish 8th though, not bad for my first time :)

A mate of mine is on another league witha bunch of aussie's, and they were all getting over 2000 points a week, easily :eek:

Yeah I'm in a few other leagues and I'm gettin hockeyed!

There's a few must have players like Dane Swan, Brendan Goddard and Luke Hodge that aren't in my team and they're just points machines.

I'm doing fairly well, top of the boards league and top 15K overall. I did better in my first year last year (think top 300 overall...beginners luck :D)

There's some players you just have to have though, this year it was Hodge, Goddard, Swan, Sandi, Chapman etc. It's very difficult to get them in if you don't have them from the start due to their consistency.

Need to use my last couple of trades wisely to ensure victory in the Boards league!

looks like I'm going to beat xavi to win the 'minor' fantasy league. cant see how the main game is going, but there was some serious scoring in the top half compared to the bottom half for the knock out phase.

• Advertisement

bruschi wrote: »
    looks like I'm going to beat xavi to win the 'minor' fantasy league. cant see how the main game is going, but there was some serious scoring in the top half compared to the bottom half for the knock out phase.

I was beaten in the final by Last Starfighter. I had a terrible week, think 7 injuries in total so was always gonna be up against it.

Congrats to the winner anyway (not sure if he posts?)

Advertisement