Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decathlon Budapest

Options
  • 03-02-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Lads,

Like a lot of other posters here, I like to visit Decathlon whenever the opportunity arises. I'm going to be in Budapest in a few weeks and would like to pick up a few things, however, I'm finding it tricky to get driections to the various stores in Budapest (Google maps indicates there are 3 or 4 within 20km, the Hungarian website doesn't appear to hae an English language option). Has anyone ever been to a Decathlon in Budapest and if so was it easy to get to using public transport?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

On a side note, I visited the decathlon uk website earlier and it states that they now offer online shopping to all of the UK now and hope to extend it to Northen Ireland soon, so maybe the Republic could be next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

To be honest Decathlon is no cheaper than the plethora of internet retailers out there, I don't fully understand the fascination.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

I was in Decathlon in Warsaw recently and found nothing in there that stood out as better value than CRC/PBK/Wiggle and so on.
    Sorry that doesn't really answer the OP's question though...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

Decathlon in Budapest is out on the big Sziget island (Szigethalom) if i remember correctly. The Danube splits in two in Budapest and rejoins together about 50km downstream of the city. The island which sits in the middle of the two Danubes is call Sziget (actually there are a couple Szigets but this is the biggest), and there is a bunch of retail outlets and shops here. Its kind of on the road to the airport if you're in the city centre. Not sure of the bus or tram number but i'd be sure there is one heading in that direction.

Sorry i can't give you more directions. Its been 2 years since i was in Budapest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

According to the "Turbine" we'll soon have one of our own in Dublin.....

http://www.tribune.ie/business/news/article/2010/jan/31/le-sport-french-games-village-for-dublin/

Advertisement