Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numark DJIO or NI Audio 2 DJ?

Options
  • 03-02-2010 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

I picked up a VCI-100 off adverts last week to replace the RMX and thought the Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ looked like a good sound card to go with it at a decent price. I ordered it off the NI website but they informed me the other day that after a stock shortage they won't resume shipping them for another week or more. For the time being at least the RMX is just a soundcard.

From a cashflow perspective I could do with moving the Hercules on. Not critical but it would do no harm. Aquarius are less than five minutes from work so I could cancel my NI order and pick up a DJIO at lunchtime tomorrow, albeit for an extra €10.

Has anyone any opinions on which is the better card. Having spent the last hour looking, I haven't seen a bad word about the Audio 2, whereas there's a few reports of driver crashes with the DJIO (including one this evening on this very forum). FWIW I'll be using Win7 32bit.

I'm leaning towards waiting and hoping that NI can deliver soon. Just looking for second opinions here really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭garyt43

hey
    im the one with the issues of the drivers on the other forum:)
    Anyone of the two of them is pretty gud....a guy that was helpin me with my prob out with the name joker has windows 7 and he is runnin it so it is compatible. now i deal with aquarius and roman is there tech guy in there(polish lad i think) what u could do is bring ur laptop in if ur thinkin about buyin it and c will it load...(they might hav a store demo)...im from mayo so got it posted down.....totally up to yourself but i was askin phil because niall was off and he reckons that native instruments havent updated there drivers yet....so it might not be compatible either.....although he might hav mixed it up with serato......contact them with plenty of questions 016243777

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yea I've the DJIO - used it on Windows Vista before moving to Windows 7 (32 bit Ultimate version). I had no problems with it, don't use it for playing out or anything - just messing round at home and on the Kitchen-Sync radio show that I play on.

That said, as garyt43 has said - there are reports of driver problems. So if it's just another week and you've already gone for the NI one, if I were you I'd prob just hang on for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Used mine on Vista and 7, both 32, never any problems:)

Edit: Bar wifi interference, Dell 802.11 Chips and the IO dont play nice, just disable wifi and you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

WTF is going on here? Looking for more comparisons and I came across this:

http://www.ravelinks.com/forums/f175/numark-djio-or-ni-audio-2-dj-330262/#post1430147

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Very odd... unless one of your multiple personalities is playing tricks on you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭garyt43

joker77 wrote: »
    Very odd... unless one of your multiple personalities is playing tricks on you?

lol

Advertisement